Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to make the creek more sweet to hunt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make the creek more sweet to hunt?

Can anyone explain how to properly dig into a rock bed of a creek? I've heard parallel do again is the best and I've seen floating sifters used by the ditch Walker on YouTube and he found some killer points that way. As always I appreciate any response
    Last edited by Shepherd; 04-27-2016, 11:04 PM. Reason: Wrote *improperly insted if * properly

Obviously it should be property that is yours or someone that gave you permission to do so. Sifters floating is more of a bonus as convenience, but as far as which way it might be like eating a reeses peanut butter cup. I personally wouldn't do it unless the opposing bank was eroding too bad.

So probably someone with experience could give better advice about it than me but just thoughts about it.
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Here is what I use take a shovel and load it and shake.and make sure you check it very good.oh and there has to be somewhere arrowheads would be in a creek.its really a no brianer.

Comment

digging a gravel bar or a pile of creek rocks is a job but sometimes it can pay off big time. i like digging a pile at the front and starting at the side the water is running by. i will pick some of the bigger stones or chunks of clay out of the way then take a bucket and slosh water on it, check it good and slosh it some more working into it. does better if the creek water is running fast enough to help. i got one of them old timey 5 pronged rakes with teeth about 4 or 5 inches long, it does good for picking stuck rocks. just go very slow so as not to rake over the top of something or claw it up. using a sifter is for digging piles that are under muddy water .

Comment

nice point in that pic
          South Dakota

Comment

Okay ifin you want to make it sweeter then take all you have found and throw it into the creek then play easter egg hunt; )
            Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

• Shepherd
              Shepherd commented
              Editing a comment
              It'll be sweeter. If you take all that you found throw it in the creek. And I'll put it in a better home.
          Working...
          X