Tips for Creek Hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips for Creek Hunting

I have been hunting creeks for about three years and would say I'm pretty new to the hobby. I have never sifted before and would like some tips on how to go about it.

How I creek hunt is just get out to walk and look but preferably after a flood when the creek water has fallen to a safe level and the water is clear. Sometimes when the creek gets real low is a good time too though.
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

• CreekWalker84
      CreekWalker84 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice finds by the way!

make you a frame out of some small pvc pipe then wrap it with some of the real thick foam insulation put some 1/4 wire mesh in it for a bottom, attach it with some big zip ties. if it dont want to float good enough fix some plastic pop bottles around the sides . pitch the big chunks of clay to the side and shovel it with a few loads at a time .

Comment

Toccopola, would you does this after twists in the creek bed or after a fallen tree?

Comment

• toccopola
        toccopola commented
        Editing a comment
        the only place you need a rig like that for is digging out a deep hole where a pile is covered with deep water like knee deep and muddy to where you can't see. if you find a spot where the water has jammed a pile up against a log and the water has it covered thats a good spot. i will look and see if i have any pictures on this computer to show.
    Working...
    X