Help in Northeast PA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help in Northeast PA

Anyone from around the Erie Pa area here? Lots of small creeks here as well as Lake Erie...the Erie Indians were here as well as lots of old stories of Burial mounds destroyed in the late 1800s...should be something here but ive been hunting steady for a couple years now with no luck.
    Basically wondering if there is something unique about this great lakes area that would make it inhospitable as a permanant campsite...or if im maybe just in the introductory stages where im still learning and coming up skunked is part of that process. Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this.
    Josh
    Erie Pa

Welcome from east Tn!
    Not my area, but keep on hunting. Small creeks can sometimes be UN-fruitful. You came to the right place to learn though!
    Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Welcome Josh. Two years and no luck, that's dedication. I think you may be hunting either wrong areas or getting there at the wrong time. No artifacts at all? No flakes, fire cracked rock?
      Browse through this section of the forum that you posted this in, a lot of great advice and ideas as to where to look. Good luck.
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Well ive learned alot...i can identify chert...have found any flakes...have found some stuff that could be pottery bit most likely is brick shards or modern clay pots. I think i need to wait for rain and time it better...spend the dry times at the library trying to find out more of the natives who lived here in the past.

Comment

This may be helpful (and these are only the main sites):

I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Northwest!

Comment

Keep hunting and you will find them. Good luck!
              Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Best of luck to you.

Comment

Working...
                X