Montgomery county Texas pay dig sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montgomery county Texas pay dig sites

Running out of areas to hunt, I always hunt legally, I live in Montgomery, TX and would like to know if anyone from Texas on this site knows of any pay dig sites close to this area, thanks Jason

Jm - Your title really caught my interest. I've never heard of a pay dig site for artifacts, especially here in TN. I've heard of pay dig sites for diamonds in Arkansas, I think. Have you personally used a pay dig site. I'm really curious. ...Chuck
    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

• Jmhansard
      Jmhansard commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes sir, I have used a pay dig site in central Texas near Copperas Cove, there are a few of them around central Texas, and yes there is a diamond dig site near Hope, AR I used to go there with my grandmother years ago, great memories!

Not sure how close to Montgomery Co they are right off the top of my head, but about 4 years ago on my honeymoon trip out west I dug at Camp Live Oak and Chrisners Ranch. You can Google them and see where they are. They were both hand digs. Chrisners you can surface hunt. If I had to pick between the two I'd go back to Live Oak. Austin diggers website used to have several digs listed.

Comment

• Jmhansard
      Jmhansard commented
      Editing a comment
      Haven't been to either one of those but they are both in central Texas, I appreciate the advice on the 2 and I will go check out Camp Live Oak, Montgomery is in southeast Texas, just north of Houston.

Longs fish and dig in llanno is the only place ive been.I live in montgomery texas also.dont think theres any that are close by.longs camp is the cheapest pay dig around here. well 4 hours away lol.here is some finds from there.

Comment

• Jmhansard
      Jmhansard commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice finds, very small world, I'll have to check out Longs fish and dig, thanks for the info!

I have never heard the concept of pay to dig. But it could pay off or be a waste of money depending on the this. I always feel digging is not a good option based on many state laws but if on private property guess it would be different.

Comment

• Jmhansard
      Jmhansard commented
      Editing a comment
      All of the pay dig sites are on private property, Texas is very strict about federal and government land, digging on anything other than private property means big fines or jail time
Working...
X