Tunkhannock, PA artifact hunting on the Susquehanna River///

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tunkhannock, PA artifact hunting on the Susquehanna River///

Has anyone every found any Native American artifacts along the Susquehanna River in Tunkhannock, PA??
    I fish at the boat launch along Riverside Park. I have never found anything but was wondering if anyone has.
    If not, maybe someone can point me in the right direction. I am still a novice at this. Thank you for your help

The Susquehanna is a hotbed for artifacts.....lots of areas to cover...I'm sure you will eventually find stuff...

Comment

Do you think digging necessary or just walking bank?? Thank you for the reply...

Comment

I'm not from PA but I have family there and I have looked there for stuf...there are people on this site who are from your area and sure they will give you good advice..

Comment

You won't find much right at the boat launch area, that ground was disturbed, dug up, and refilled to put the parking area and asphalt in. And the Fish Commission owns land around the launch area, and they don't want anyone looking, or especially digging, for artifacts. BUT, most of the islands, and the closet plowed fields in either direction will yield artifacts. It's been so long since I hunted that area, you have to find out who owns the nearby fields now and ask permission. It used to be no one cared to much if you walked the fields. Now, no one wants you on their property. Anywhere within 20 miles of Tunkhannock was always good for artifacts. The west side of the river, north and south of Eatonville was always good, but that was 30 years ago. I don't know how many farms are left in that area. Check along Sugar Hollow Creek, there were small Archiac sites along there, but again, 30 years ago.
          http://www.ravensrelics.com/

Comment

• MMAHUNTER
            MMAHUNTER commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the tips!!!!

Found this Native American Maul on the river in a bed of "River Rocks"... Authenticated by an archaeologist..found by myself and my 2 kids. Our first official find...

Comment

Found my first broken point on the Susquehanna...is this considered a full legitimate point??? Broken near the base and a speck at the point. The stem was not broke.

Comment

• MMAHUNTER
              MMAHUNTER commented
              Editing a comment
              Trying to figure out what type of point it is...

• filmiracl
              filmiracl commented
              Editing a comment
              Some people will say they wouldn't put it in a frame, but I personally take what I can get. Any piece of a point is a point to me! Having said that, I'm not sure if that's a point as much as it may be some kind of flake scraper or tool (though I could be wrong... maybe it is piece of a point.)

👍

Comment

Working...
            X