Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the best day hunting you have had so far?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was the best day hunting you have had so far?

Was it the one perfect G10 you found or was it a day you found a cache? I did most of my hunting years ago. My last successful season was 2009 Back in the 70's I did some digging with my Dad One day in a 6 hour span I found 22 quartz arrowheads in a very small area while digging. A friend went the following day and dug in the same spot and found 17 more . Some screen fulls of dirt I had sifted had 4 points in it. It must have been a cache. Back then we rarely carried a camera. I wish I had done so it would be great to show them and reminisce about some of my old hunts.

I would love to hear your stories whether it was a banner day with many great finds or just that day you found the grooved axe. Name your best day and tell us about it. I may share more myself as I have had so many best days afield.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

A few pics from 5-12-15 at My best creek spot in east MO after a flood decided to check out the gravel and am sure glad i did because I scored! Not once,twice but 3 times/whole ones (almost anyway) including my first dalton which i thought i'd never find.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	102_1849.JPG
Views:	205
Size:	285.4 KB
ID:	218597 Click image for larger version

Name:	102_1865.JPG
Views:	217
Size:	231.4 KB
ID:	218598

Name:	102_1867.JPG
Views:	218
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	218599 Click image for larger version

Name:	102_1874.JPG
Views:	198
Size:	232.7 KB
ID:	218600
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

I eagerly await the stories that will come from your questions Matt. My best day/days all included metal and not stone. When I finally find my first whole point it will be a G10 to me no matter what condition it is in.
      Bruce
      In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Name:	IMG_0701.JPG
Views:	220
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	218648 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0700.JPG
Views:	200
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	218649 My best day came way back in probably 1990 or 1991 not exactly sure. I know it was before the 17" rainfall we had in July of 1994 that decimated the field where I found these and many others. I was dove hunting on a hot humid day in September next to the river. There were no birds moving so I decided to go up in the field and get in the shade by the treeline, As I'm walking I look down and there at mt feet in a small washout is the one on the left...my first ever...seconds later about three feet away is the one on the right...I had previously been searching for 2 years before that day...the addiction is still there... I dad find a full grooved axe a short time later but those 2 points fueled a quest that still burns today.

Last edited by BabaORiley; 07-20-2016, 12:24 PM.
        The chase is better than the catch...
        I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

• Scorpion68
          Scorpion68 commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't see them either.

• Hoss
          Hoss commented
          Editing a comment
          I can see two pictures of two white flint points one looks Hopewell to me.

• Soulful 1
          Soulful 1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Those are very nice finds, glad we get to see them !

Originally posted by Hoss View Post
        Was it the one perfect G10 you found or was it a day you found a cache? I did most of my hunting years ago. My last successful season was 2009 Back in the 70's I did some digging with my Dad One day in a 6 hour span I found 22 quartz arrowheads in a very small area while digging. A friend went the following day and dug in the same spot and found 17 more . Some screen fulls of dirt I had sifted had 4 points in it. It must have been a cache. Back then we rarely carried a camera. I wish I had done so it would be great to show them and reminisce about some of my old hunts.

I would love to hear your stories whether it was a banner day with many great finds or just that day you found the grooved axe. Name your best day and tell us about it. I may share more myself as I have had so many best days afield.
        Hoss,
        Surely you have a pic of the points after?? Like in a frame or something?? I would love to see it!
        Judith Basin, Montana

Comment

• Hoss
          Hoss commented
          Editing a comment
          I cannot get at them at the moment. I have been working on my Mancave and a lot of my personal finds are boxed up. I am actually torturing myself LOL. I had an accident in 2010. It left me wishing I was half the man I used to be. I still get around but my physical health and abilities is not what it should be. Anyway I framed it and have been working on electricity. I still have to run wires for the lighting. Once I get that all done Drywall goes up. I can only work about two hours a day on it that is if I can stand to work at all. Some days the pain just makes me take a break. What I have done in the past three weeks I could possibly have been done by myself in 3 days time. Before I messed up my back and legs I was a jack of all trades. I worked as a Facilities Maintenance/ Security Director. Prior to that I was in HVAC . I should have done this mancave project several years ago but other small projects always seemed to get in the way. My room is going to be 19' by 12'5" It is pretty raw right now but I will get there. Little by little just chipping away at it. I actually bought the lumber last fall and was going to do this then but the back just would not let me do it. Three weeks ago I said to myself " Self no one is gonna do that for you , Get busy!" All that being said I have a ways to go before I can get at those old personal finds frames.
          Last edited by Hoss; 07-20-2016, 08:55 PM.

My best volume "day" was split between 2 back to back 1/2 day trips on a site that was cleared of trees 4 years ago and was put into agriculture 2 years ago. I imagine it is like what the "good ole days" used to be like.

Name:	IMG_3029.JPG
Views:	220
Size:	164.7 KB
ID:	218633 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3260.JPG
Views:	216
Size:	177.4 KB
ID:	218634
        Last edited by OBION; 07-20-2016, 11:52 AM.

Comment

• Soulful 1
          Soulful 1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Much better ! Those certainly are great finds!

Really Skelt? They are showing up fine on my screen. Did u mean Obions post because all I see under his post are 2 black x's.

Comment

• Cskelton
          Cskelton commented
          Editing a comment
          Really.. can't see Obions either.... Josh's show up just fine.... must just be my p.o.s. phone....

• Scorpion68
          Scorpion68 commented
          Editing a comment
          I see Josh's and Obion's but not Baba's...

I am using my cpu and my pics are there...I believe...but I am not seeing Obi's pics...

Comment

Only pictures I see are Josh's.

Comment

Same here; The only pictures I see are Josh's three pictures.
            Michigan Yooper
            If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Thanks for editing Dylan (Obion). I can see Dylan's pictures now after his edit.
              Michigan Yooper
              If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Wow this is weird. The pics are coming up perfect here....I'll try editing it.

Comment

Can u see them now?

Comment

That Dalton is a nice one. Cool looking lithic. That was a great day Josh.

Comment

That's a helluva haul Obi. Twenty plus pieces from one place in that short time is really something.

Comment

Working...
                      X