Fall Hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall Hunting

What kind of hunting do yous like to do in the fall?These leaves are really making it hard for me.lol!

Yeah, those leaves are relentless lol. Maybe certain stretches of a gravelbar or in spot's in fields the leaves aren't gathering too much. Most areas around here people deer hunt on this time of year anyway. I'm shooting for early next year or just maybe around christmas, of course the leaves and weather won't likely make it any easier.
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Pray for wind! I have poked and picked up more single leaves than I care to remember. It is part of the hobby. I do not think I have ever met an artifact hunter who was not fooled by a leave or three.
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss View Post
        Pray for wind! I have poked and picked up more single leaves than I care to remember. It is part of the hobby. I do not think I have ever met an artifact hunter who was not fooled by a leave or three.
        ​That's for sure Hoss. But the leaves keep us sharp and on guard. I remember one time when the eyes said "ahh forget it" but the brain said...."listen to me" and the stick said "click" it was probably one in a thousand times...usually the G 10 leaf wins...
        The chase is better than the catch...
        I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

in the fall? i hunt for tasty creatures in the fall ,lol, but the shore line is always a good spot for artifacts when the leaves cover the inland sites around here.
          call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Don't get me started on picking up "leave's". Click image for larger version

Name:	GEDC1667.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	231064
            LOL
            Last edited by JoshinMO; 11-09-2016, 10:48 PM. Reason: HA
            http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

I've mostly been looking in small runoff gullys,where I can rake the leaves around alittle with my stick.

Comment

I have a few lake shorelines that I walk in the fall. The water is usually lower this time of the year.

Comment

I wait for an astronomically high tide & then count the hours until low tide. Considering my recent drought, the gravel in my drive started to look good.
                  Child of the tides

Comment

• LucasBMylks
                    LucasBMylks commented
                    Editing a comment
                    some of my sandwich came out of my mouth when i read this.............so funny

A friend of mine bought a cheap lightweight leaf blower at the flea market that he uses to blow leaves off of gravel bars. OK I guess but not too good for keeping your favorite site secret if other hunters are around!

Comment

Working...
                  X