Somebody to hunt my rock shelter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somebody to hunt my rock shelter

I own some property in mccreary Ky with several rick shelters. Looking for somebody who would interested in hunting them with me and my wife. We are new to digging and looking for somebody who knows how

Welcome from east Tn!

Well, Its possible somebody will come along and accept your offer but ill pose a few things for you to think about before you invite just anyone.

First off I'm not sure why you would need help to dig for artifacts. Its really pretty simple... dig, sift, look, dump, repeat. If one spot doesn't work out try another.
    Are you really sure you want put an open invite to just anyone out there? Someone could easily say "I know all the tricks!" Gain your trust, figure out your spot, return while your away, take it all home for themselves and leave you with a nice crater scape.

If you found something you have a question about you could always post it here. If you want to make artifact buddies I understand, hang around for awhile and get to know some folks. But I would recommend you to reconsider your open invitation posted to a public forum, and also beware about revealing any specific site locations on the web or to anyone you don't know... This could lead to unwanted and unforseen consequences. Just food for thought!

Good luck with your rock shelters! Post what you find because we'd love to see!
    Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

I just read this the other day as a land owner you should be aware of these laws in the state of Kentucky. Anyone who hunts artifacts in KY should know and understand these laws.

TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	victor-rat-trap.jpg
Views:	506
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	293011
        Michigan Yooper
        If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

I too wonder why you are willing to invite an unknown entity onto your property.
          As has been stated earlier the process is quite simple. Make yourself a rocking sifter and toss dirt into it. Shake the soil out the bottom and look through the rocks that remain for any sign of man made changes.
          By the way and most importantly, why did you post this in the STOLEN ARTIFACTS section???
          Bruce
          In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Guys, does this happen often? People pushing the limits on laws and trying to get others involved in their crimes? I noticed a few questionable posts as I was digging around in a few of the forums. Just wanted to say "Bravo" for offering great advice and thoroughly dispelling possible consequences. I really, really like this site!

Comment

• Kyflintguy
              Kyflintguy commented
              Editing a comment
              Digging for Artifacts in a rock shelter on private property with permission is not a crime in Ky unless your "rock shelter" has a dark area like mentioned in the link Hoss provided, then its a Cave wich would be protected, or unless you unwittingly, or intentionally disturb human remains and fail to report it...
              Last edited by Kyflintguy; 03-26-2018, 06:25 AM.

Now I am very impressed gentlemen .

Comment

The overhang has already in the past, as far as somebody sneaky onto my property it’s not like it is a gold mine. I would was wondering if there was somebody that had knowledge and know how about this type of stuff.

Comment

I just saw this thread and before I read the responses I was thinking the same thing...I'm hoping all is legit and done within the law. Post up some pics if ya find anything...
                The chase is better than the catch...
                I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

That sound's like a generous offer.
                  http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Perhaps you're wondering how to go about things with more professional standards in mind, as opposed to the basic "just find some artifacts", represented by the "dig and sift" technique suggested by members? I know when the Narragansett Archaeological Society was still a going concern in my neck of the woods, we tried to adhere to professional techniques in excavating a site. You can use google to get pages and videos that would give you some idea of how to go about things. It will be more time consuming and involve going down centimeters at a time....

Petrified wood is a common fossil found in abundance in some areas. The fossilization process called permineralization fills in the natural pores of wood with minerals such as opal agate and quartz and leaves wood petrified, which means turned into stone. You can easily slice some of your petrified wood into slabs to ...
                    Rhode Island

Comment

Before you use professional type methods please be aware even the pros use screens and shovels and even heavy equipment at times to do test holes to see if it was even worth further investigation.
                      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• 2ndoldman
                        2ndoldman commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That is very true Matt.
                    Working...
                    X