new to North west Arkansas and arrowhead hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to North west Arkansas and arrowhead hunting

We just moved to NWA Bella Vista. I have been interested in arrow head hunting for a few years but never gone. I was wondering if someone could give me some places to look. I have walked along Tanyard creek but that's about it.

There is a secret that no one Wil share and that is hunting spots. ...those you earn in leg work.
    but you can gather knolage and one to sit down with is Matt Rowe. Don't ask for sites just listen to what he knows about artifacts. And you will be finding sites on your own. He is the curator of a museum in Bentonville
    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

• Tam
      Tam commented
      Editing a comment
      Great idea

Welcome to The Site edteach!
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Edteach, Chase has a very good point. Hunting spot's are usually Secret's, sure it varies from Person to Person but if Somebody want's to keep going out Somewhere and finding stuff it help's to not tell where exactly. Sometime's putting a location or name let's Other's know not to bother There though, but The Secret way is much safer. It's like, if I spot a Group of Hunter's I don't know at a processing Place and I walk up to Them and ask Them if They can give Me A Hunting Spot I could get some interesting Answer's. You are in a very good area though and I know of a couple different Guy's that used to Hunt out there in The general area. George L (passed) and another Guy named Jeff S. What You could do is talk with Matt but You could also get to know some Farmer's in The area and maybe They will let You look around. There is Something special about That area I might get into Sometime, It's no Secret though.

I hope to see more Post's from You.
      Last edited by JoshinMO; 04-23-2018, 06:56 PM.
      http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

usually when you tell someone the next time you go all you find is foot prints.
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

You could goggle your area .
          looking for arrowheads in NW Arkansas utube and watch some videos . There may be some visuals you can look at that will look familiar . Example people with corn fields etc .
          creeks . Watch them and see where people in your area . Not exact location but the most popular places creeks over fields .
          just a thought .

Comment

As you have probably figured out,most of the ground up there is rocky. If you can find any type of disturbed soilwhether agricultural or construction, if you can gain access that's a start. Creeks and washes are a good source, and that part of the state is loaded. Lots of public land up there, but be careful. Artifact hunting is prohibited on some if not all of them.

ps, congrats on landing in God's country. It's absolutely beautiful up there...and welcome to the site!
            Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

one of my friends moved to another state because of his job. the first thing he did was get a copy of the overstreet arrowhead book and looked up his new area and saw many points that were found in the area he lived. all it took after that was some leg work, and the points started stacking up.

Comment

Working...
              X