Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bone2stone
    replied
    Thanks all it seems the more I want to get out the more my hunting buds got chores, honey do's to take care of.
    I just can't get out alone anymore.

I have resorted to dragging out some stuff from days gone by. Kool to find things you forgot to put in the display.
    I guess I got to rotate the table contents to fit more in.
    Most I have never photographed before.
    l will give it a go eventually and have some new stuff.

Jess B

Leave a comment:

• Broken Arrow
    replied
    Wow, what a gift! I'd like to see those gemstones too.

Leave a comment:

• chase
    replied
    I like to see back for one I miss you

Leave a comment:

• JoshinMO
    replied
    When I think of Burlington, I think of Missouri. But if I'm thinking of a Material resembling Burlington, but from Northeast Oklahoma I think of Keokuk. It could be Burlington and from NE Oklahoma though. That's a nice group of Point's there Jess and Thanks for sharing.

Leave a comment:

• 2ndoldman
    replied
    Authentic and gorgeous if you ask me Jess.
    I would be as happy as a pig in a puddle with those alone.

Leave a comment:

• OnewiththewilD
    replied
    Glad to see you posting ! Sounds like a great goodie bag you got!

Leave a comment:

• Hoss
    replied
    Love that big side notched point Jess. You are a lucky man to have these bestowed upon you. Thanks for sharing the great pictures.

Leave a comment:

• Jethro355
    replied
    Nice “gift”.👍👍👍

Leave a comment:

• Bone2stone
    started a topic Here is a tip worth mentioning

Here is a tip worth mentioning

When someone offers you some arrowheads and some other "junk" don't turn it down.
    My "gift" turned out with some semi-precious gem stones Peridots, opalescent clear stones, cabs, sapphires, garnet.....quite a selection.
    The goodie bag also contained some Morrocan phacopsid trilobites and some polished orthocone cephalopods. (fossils)
    And some artefacts. Now the artefacts are not of the highest quality but they are at least authentic.
    I'll take pics of the fossils and assorted stones and post them as different thread.
    Here are the artifacts.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2808 (2).JPG Views:	1 Size:	119.0 KB ID:	297512 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2810.JPG Views:	1 Size:	146.0 KB ID:	297513 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2812.JPG Views:	1 Size:	63.1 KB ID:	297514 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2813.JPG Views:	1 Size:	52.6 KB ID:	297515 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2814.JPG Views:	1 Size:	107.7 KB ID:	297516 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2815.JPG Views:	1 Size:	50.7 KB ID:	297517

The first one (snap base preform) looks like the Burlington material maybe out of the NE Oklahoma area. The second one (reworked) has just about the same material look.
    Typing them may be difficult as the gifter had no idea where any of this stuff originated.
    I had no problem giving them a new home in by collection.
    Any Ideas?

Jess B.
    Last edited by Bone2stone; 04-28-2018, 09:45 PM.
Working...
X