Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nocturnal River Hunting

~WARNING: Do not attempt without professional supervision~
    Been watching a lot of other people's YouTube artifact hunting videos and have noticed that a couple go hunting at night with a great deal of success. One would think it would be near impossible to see anything on the gravel bars but alas, certain spectra of artificial illumination work like magic to isolate the shiny reflection of chert/flint on the surface. I'm pretty sure it varies from location to location but for Florence-A tool material blue LEDs at 200+lm is IDEAL for the task.
    However, wading out on the river after dark is very dangerous and you need to have a very good understanding of the water levels before you even think about attempting to get to that favorite gravel bar after midnight. Even if you know the watershed schedule it's wise to keep a fixed eye on the edge of the water once you make it to the middle/gravel bar and watch it closely to see if it's rising/receding/staying put and keep an eye on it every few minutes.
    Other than the very realistic threat of drowning, this is the best mixture of adrenaline rush and artifact hunting I've found and believe it or not IT WORKS.
    It's a whole different world at night. exhilarating and compelling.
    Just thought I'd share... and once again... don't try it unless you're absolutely certain about the aforementioned variables or you've got a few nuts and bolts loose like me.
    Keep up the good huntin'!
    ~Noah

Hey, Noah.  I have a couple of screws loose...but not any nuts and bolts.  It wouldn't even cross my mind to attempt that sort of a feat.  Does look peaceful though!
    Pam

Comment

Working...
    X