Creek Walk in Kentucky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creek Walk in Kentucky

Next week, probably around Wednesday or Thursday, I am going for my first arrowhead hunt ever. There was a large indian camp bordering a creek next to a large un-plowed field. I am going to hunt the bordering creek. What I would like to know is, what time of day should i hunt, what is the best weather to hunt in, and is there any particular scanning methods? I will be hunting in carter county KY, so we have a lot of chert. How do I sort out good points from the other plain chert pieces?

Thank you!
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Early Bird get's The Worm, but sometime's It's nice in The Evening also. Being Summer I'd give old Tennis Shoe's a try. A Hat and Snake Stick is good also. Good Luck!
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

If you see Chert in a field never let it go unturned . I actually saw a pea size showing , just a pea ...dig at it , kicked .
      Boy to my surprise this showed up . You just never know .
      Like Josh said , a stick for snakes .

Comment

That's a beaut! Thanks for the tips

Comment

Polarized sunglasses will help you be able to see into the water.
          Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

You will know the good stuff when you see it, but if it's worked it's special. Sometimes it's best to bring it home and ask if your not sure as some artifacts are not always easily identified at first take.
            If you have lots of Chert bring home the decent sized stuff you may decide to take up knapping sometime. I regret not picking up more back when I hunted central KY and it was everywhere... Goodluck!
            Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Due to torrential rain, and work, I wasn't able to go creek walking until today. I only had 20 min. Didn't find nuthin'.

Comment

Working...
              X