Washington County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washington County

Next week, I will be going up to Washington co. PA. I am going to visit family, but I am also sneaking in some relic hunting, bottle digging, and hopefully, arrowhead hunting. I would like to know if anybody knows a creek or a river that Indians camped by. (Heavens no, I don't want to invade your secret spot!) I would especially like to find spots near the towns of Washington, Brownsville, Fredericktown and Bealsville. I wish I could research this myself, But I am not familiar with the area as much as I would like, and I have a job. Any input would be appreciated, because if I don't go arrowhead hunting, I will be going railfanning, my other hobby.

P.S. If anything, you will see some nice bottles coming out of the ground!
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Hey good luck on yer trip! Btw, I had to look up railfanning, lol, I never heard of that before!
    call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Btw, google earth might help. Scope out the areas your gonna be in and look for gravel bars along the rivers or streams there
      call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

• Kentucky point
        Kentucky point commented
        Editing a comment
        There is an 1800's house/mill that still stands today within walking distance from my relatives house. It is situated along a creek. That will be my first site probably.My next idea was walking the shore line of the monongaehela (I know I didn't spell that right!) river and ten mile creek. There was a Cherokee path (the only path I know of) that was situated alongside the river.

The famous Meadowcroft Rock shelter is in Washington Co., near Avella. Look and see if your near Cross Creek. I bought a collection from that area that had two fluted points in it, so there are farms and places that will yield good artifacts. Ask around when you get there. I don't know if you will be anywhere near Cross Creek, or Avella. Good Luck, Be Safe
      http://www.ravensrelics.com/

Comment

• Kentucky point
        Kentucky point commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, it is right beside Cross creek. Avella is close too. I might have to try that. Thanks!

Rail fanning?
      South Dakota

Comment

• Kentucky point
        Kentucky point commented
        Editing a comment
        Railfanning is the art of Photographing and observing trains along the nations rail network. Some people chase them at breakneck speed with their cars, but I prefer to lie in wait for them to come to me. Very exciting! The engines literally shake the ground when they come by. You know railfanning is for you when you get excited about the ground shaking as they go by.

• SDhunter
        SDhunter commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks

Medowcraft is a must see n very close

Comment

• Kentucky point
        Kentucky point commented
        Editing a comment
        Planning to go there as soon as possible. Should be fun! Probably should search the surrounding creeks. (If not on historic site property)
    Working...
    X