Ohio Trail Map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio Trail Map

Found a nice historical map of Ohio NA trails that may be of use to some of my fellow buckeyes and neighbors.

good one, thanks.

Comment

There is also a book available by Frank N. Wilcox, and I believe he came out with an 2nd edition a few years ago. Louie Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3923.JPG
Views:	1319
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	349301

Comment

That’s very interesting. They had a lot of trails didn’t they?
        South Dakota

Comment

I have heard that a trail ran along the Maumee River and sure enough there it is. Thank you.

Comment

The Great Trail as it is known runs through Columbiana County, through Homeworth, Ohio. Where I was blessed to grow up, and many artifacts have been recovered in that little 2 block long town. There is a stream that runs through it that we called Middle Sandy which is a run off of the Big Sandy I believe but not sure. Recently a local Librarian contacted me and gave me copies of a paper done by Mildred McQuilken, (A member of the Thomas family who were one of the founders of the area) Wilmer Swope and Richard H. Stambaugh, it is titled Indian Paths of Old Columbiana County. Many campsites rest along the "Great Trail" and I have recovered many great artifacts in this area from the age of 6 to now 52 years old. I think it would be interesting to purchase the books mentioned in this discussion and continue research. The Great Trail I believe went from Pittsburgh to Detroit. _Bill

Comment

Addition to above because I had a brain fart and forgot to mention that the paper was dated 1968

Comment

There is a nice Archaeological Atlas of Ohio available online from OhioLink.edu. Google the title and look up your county. Indian mounds, villages, trails ... good stuff.
                Good luck out there, fldwlkr
                Headwaters of the Little Miami, Ohio

Comment

• wmwallace
                  wmwallace commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My gratitude knows no bounds, I will check it out and thanks for the tip. I hunt mostly Columbiana, Mahoning and Stark Counties and occasionally Tuscawarus Co. Thanks fldwlkr_Bill
              Working...
              X