Any good locations in Massachusetts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any good locations in Massachusetts?

I'm in Mass and i only know of one location and have only had luck at this one location. Does anyone know of any good places to try hunting for points?
    Massachusetts

Try your hand at river and creek hunting! Alot of folks don't like to give up their locations.
    Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

• chiefwompatuck
      chiefwompatuck commented
      Editing a comment
      i know its been tough getting it out of people. Not many places around here at all.

• Hoss
      Hoss commented
      Editing a comment
      More than you think! Your going to have a hard time finding information like that sitting in a chair. They are on the ground near water so get up and go out there and find them. I found a scraper once made of crystal quartz on the roof of a hospital. I found points in peoples yards. I found a point in the street after a snow storm and the sand trucks went by. Want to find points? Learn to sniff out clues and keep your eye on the ground.

• chiefwompatuck
      chiefwompatuck commented
      Editing a comment
      Hoss wow thats insane, are you in mass? im planning on going to a few different places this weekend. Ive only had luck in one area so far.

Google earth, I say no more! Lol
    call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Good luck Chief! Like Broken Arrow said, check out rivers and creeks. There lots of places there
      South Dakota

Comment

I am in Tennessee. I suggest you go to your local historical society. Ask there who the local expert is. Maybe they can point you in the right direction. Asking on an open forum will gather very little information on site locations. If someone put a location on line the next time that person would visit that location they would not find anything but foot prints. That is why you are better off going outside and knocking on doors in your local area. Go to the high school ask to talk to the history dept head teacher. These people might not know sites but they may have clues. Dont want to go to the local high school? Write a letter to the school. People at the local level can help. Join the archaeological society in your state. Attend meetings . Become known for your passion at the local level. I have given this same advice over and over. Use common sense in your quest. If you are out and about and see a dirt pile stop and look at it. If someone asks what are you doing tell them . The more people locally who know what you are doing will increase the odds of someone local pointing out places to look. Or you can just sit in that chair .
        Last edited by Hoss; 09-17-2018, 10:02 AM.
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Here's the thing Chief, these things are not being made anymore and as you are finding out, good locations are not a dime a dozen. You're asking people, some of whom have put their lives into finding their spots, to give you something that took considerable effort to find so you can go there an reap the rewards of all their hard work. It's simply not going to happen. Think about the life requirements of ancient man, think about areas that would give them easy access to these things and then start eliminating locations that you think might be productive, one by one, until you find a few that are. After you've put dozens (maybe hundreds) of your own precious hours into trying to figure this out, you'll have a few good ones under your belt. Then see if you feel like posting them here for others to trample over and pillage. This is not meant to be a backhanded comment, it's just the truth. Success in this hobby is directly linked to your willingness to fail in search of success. Good luck.

Comment

It might seem like finding a needle in a haystack stack but discoveries are made every single day all over the world. The stuff is out side under your feet. Go look. You just have to decide to go discover.
            TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

If you are in Massachusetts your best bet is beach hunting... That is where I find most of my best artifacts...study up areas to look online and get advice from others and you'll find them if you put the time in..

Comment

Working...
              X