Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"HEAL A HEARTBREAK!?!" Ever done it? --- * A tip that has produced for me , and may add one to your case.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "HEAL A HEARTBREAK!?!" Ever done it? --- * A tip that has produced for me , and may add one to your case.

Before i share the stories, ill share the tip.
    --- Save your brokes. ---
    Especially if it is a site you visist frequently, or is somewhere you will prob return to in the future. ( i know most of us already keep our brokes for many reasons like the fact that its an artifact, or a couple brokes is better than empty handed. But there is also another reason that most deem impossible. Finding the other half.
    However or whenever it was broke, the other half or piece may be intact and possibly found to make a whole artifact and a cool story. Although it xould have broke during use by ancient man as a tool, or an arrowhead snapping off in the animal or the natural landscape around like tree trunks, or hard rock, sand, and clay. Its still possible. It also could have been broke during thr resting period, during which in most cases it necomes inches to feet under ground during climatic changes and cataclysmic events over a long period of time, or natural erosion and sinkholes The last and second most likely cause happened in modern mans day. Whether someone digging it up, farmers plowing fields, or construction workers clearing land with heavy equipment, and so on. There are many other possible events, i just gave few examples. The point is, unless they reworked it into a different tool or artifact, its outhtere. Never hurts to look through your brokes every now and then.
    Here's the first match that we made. I found the tip about 5 to 7 months after my brother found the base. Its a Drill/ Pick tool made of Chert . The pieces lined up perfect, but the color from being oiled differently and different times, don't matxh in tone and color. Still awesome find.
    The second is my FAVORITE Point!!! I found the bursting with color tip about 8 to 10 months before i found the base at different part of the site. I recognized the odd break line instantly, and knew i prob had the other half at home. But never knew it was my "nuclear" color tip. This beauty xhanges color with the daylight, dusk, or overcast. Truly Amazing. Pretty large as well. Largest point of that style. Second largest of entire collection. This point was destined for me to bring it back together. Although it has a chip off the ear, and tiny micro chip at fracture line, its whole to me. And hands down my most precious.
    The point--
    A Citrus /Hernando Style Point made of Heat Treated Coral
    Site is Archaic to Woodland in Central Florida

Comment

Thanks Rybo, Both of those are really nice. I like the different patina on the two pieces of the first blade.
      Michigan Yooper
      If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Man that's great! You can't even tell that the second point is glued! I haven't found a heartbreaker yet, but when I do, I will keep that in mind.
        "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

I saw a guy on utube find the base 6 months later and in a creek . What are the chances of that with water flow . Totally different color but perfect match .
          very-cool story .

Comment

Thanks Ron, Kentucky Point, and Tam. I love that point. The fact that i found it in two dif pieces, across the village ( site ) almost a year apart is crazy! Its brilliant colors and amazing shine, make it that much sweeter.
            Thanks for sharing Tam, love hearing those stories. I forgot to mention that I've heard similar stories and also ones that found the other half miles away from first piece. They, including your guy with the creek story, are truly lucky. Thanks for reading. Pls share all similar stories, we would love to hear 'em.

Comment

We had an archaic hunting camp here that had a LOT of bases in spots amongst the chippings. I could "see" they brought back bases in the hafts to re-tip/rework them.
              Professor Shellman
              Tampa Bay

Comment

Working...
              X