I need help choosin'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help choosin'

All, right, I had to make this topic so I didn't lose my mind. In two weeks, I have the choice to do a river walk, or a creek hunt. These are the best places to go, and probably have a few artifacts. I'll let ya'll vote and do the hard work of choosing for me! :-)

1. Ohio River.
    My first choice is a river walk on the Ohio River. I chose this spot for a few reasons. Probably the biggest reason is the two major Indian trails connecting on the bank I wanted to walk. Also, the area was littered with Adena burial mounds, until they were dozed over.I also collect other things, i.e old bottles, stamped bricks and weird knick knacks: All of which can be found on the banks of a certain town. (un-named in case this this is a killer spot.) We have had a ton of rain recently, and the water should be down until then. I also want to collect river rock to make a Celt.

2. Secret Creek.
    The creek's name is private, due to obvious reasons, but it is a really cool spot. This borders a known campsite, and follows a Indian trail. It is full of chert, and I have found a flake there once. It was a fifteen minute visit.There are a ton of gravel bars, and a few muddy banks, although broken glass is everywhere. Really bad flooding ripped through here a week or two ago, so everything probably got churned up.

So there you have it, these are my choices. I wouldn't do this if I could make up my mind. You may now vote.

Ohio River
    50.00%
    Secret Creek
    50.00%

The poll is expired.

"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Besides, I've always wanted to try out the "Insert a poll" button.

Comment

Hey Ethan, I tried to vote for both but it wouldn't let me cheat. So I picked your secret creek.
      Michigan Yooper
      If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• Kentucky point
        Kentucky point commented
        Editing a comment
        Ron! I thought you were better than that! Lol!

Walk em both, take 2 trips!
      call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

• Kentucky point
        Kentucky point commented
        Editing a comment
        They're on the same road...

Any creekson your property? Walk them. Walk that creek in your flood pictures. I bet all your neighbors would let you walk their creeks. If that secret creek is close to your home then go to the river. In your spare time go jump in every creek that you can get to on your bike or whatever mode of transportation you use. Hit em all, you're in an area where you don't have to go far to find an artifact, you've already found one right outside your back door.
      Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

• Kentucky point
        Kentucky point commented
        Editing a comment
        We have a neighbor who lives at the bottom of the ridge we live on. He is the guy who gave me a grinder. Anyway's, he told me that his dad would hunt for points in the creeks, and he found a ton of stuff. He said that he only hunted a few though. He told me that nobody around this area really gives a hoot about arrowheads, so if I go into the creeks, I could find a lot of stuff.

Mine is the river!!!! go for it I have had luck there. and more.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	sharks teeth and more 012.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	207.6 KB
ID:	321017 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0737.JPG
Views:	160
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	321018 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0359.JPG
Views:	182
Size:	169.5 KB
ID:	321019 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0365.JPG
Views:	166
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	321020 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0368.JPG
Views:	172
Size:	195.5 KB
ID:	321021
      Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

I wanted to try a river hunt, because I watch the Mudstompers on Youtube. You should really check out their videos, because they are awesome! But that creek keeps calling my name...

Comment

Hint Look at where the creek and Ohio meet.
          Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

• Kentucky point
            Kentucky point commented
            Editing a comment
            By, George! I think you got it! Why didn't I think of that? I have to check the map now to see if it's accessible.

• Broken Arrow
            Broken Arrow commented
            Editing a comment
            Walk the shore til it meets. Nothing is inaccessible.

I say go to the river . When I read why you want to go it hits all your wish lists !! Just go knock that out and get it out of of your system . Bricks, bottles , NA artifacts are all there I have a feeling about this . Check out NOAA there is a front coming through ..
          The creek needs more settling .

Comment

• Kentucky point
            Kentucky point commented
            Editing a comment
            Not that this means I'll find anything, but there was also a Civil War guard post along the river.

There ya go ..

Comment

Pressure is on . There is no turning back

Comment

Deadlock!!!

Comment

Well, I might have figured it out. Jay has it right. I'll spend a few hours at the creek, then move on the the Ohio River.

Comment

Working...
                X