The Mesa in New Mexico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mesa in New Mexico

I was curious if anyone knows about hunting in New Mexico? I'll be visiting my Dad in the summer and he lives in Las Cruses, on the Mesa. His back yard is totally desert, and I don't even know what I'd be looking for. Well, I mean material wise. Clue me in if ya' know anything.
    Thanks, Pam

That sounds fun Pam. Hope you have a good trip

Comment

Pam, that to me sounds like a dream trip. As far as hunting, you are very unlikely to find any plowed fields.  I am familiar with the area but have really not hunted and  I think it will tough. There are some places you owe it to yourself to visit though. The museum in Demming has the largest collection of Mimbres pottery (I think), Gila National Monument is a very nice Mimbres cliff dwelling with a small museum, the collection at SW New Mexico State in Silver City is super. These are all very close to where you will be. Back to hunting, have your Dad help you find some good private property to hunt and if you are going to be out there a while, spend some time in the coffee shop. The old timers will know.
      Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Working...
      X