Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Automated mound detection using lidar and object based image analysis in Beaufort County South Carolina.pdf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automated mound detection using lidar and object based image analysis in Beaufort County South Carolina.pdf

Makes me wish I was back in SC for a while.....!

The study of precontact anthropogenic mounded features—earthen mounds, shell heaps, and shell rings—in the American Southeast is stymied by the spotty distribution of systematic surveys across the region. Many extant, yet unidentified, archaeological

I have used Lidar "maps" to find places... USGS and States have some... google Lidar +your area
    Professor Shellman
    Tampa Bay

The lidar maps are amazing. What they are finding !
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Tom very cool . I think you need to take your wife on a little vacation . While she is at the spa or shopping you go hunting if she is not into it . Yeah those are going to be some expensive arrowheads but new spot . I am thinking of going to Alabama just for the day for lunch and kick in a creek .
      Wayne and I pull up a typographical maps on all the deer hunting spots and we notice the NA camps are all at the high
      areas . Always 400-500 ft kind of interesting all this technology helping us .

Comment

Working...
      X