• Show
Clear All

• Tam
    replied
    10/4 that ..

Leave a comment:

• SurfaceHunter
    commented on 's reply
    Yikes don’t feed the gators they will see you as a food source. Yes some big gators in your creeks

• Tam
    replied
    SF no gators yet . They are delicious!!! A guy told me about a creek and said watch out for the gators .. wait what ???
    then that giant pear point that was found was on a lake where the guy feeds the gator .

Leave a comment:

• Onthespot44
    replied
    Originally posted by Bking600 View Post
    Yeah same here. I live in Warner Robins and do most of my point huntin in the butler and Reynolds area. Whereabouts in GA are you willjo?
    I live in Florida, but my family owns a house and some land not far from Warner Robins in Vienna. The kids are always bringing arrowheads back to the house they find in the cotton fields. They even found a cannonball last year.

Leave a comment:

• georgiafieldwalker
    replied
    Originally posted by Bking600 View Post
    Yeah same here. I live in Warner Robins and do most of my point huntin in the butler and Reynolds area. Whereabouts in GA are you willjo?
    I'm from Warner Robins! Live in Statesboro now but do some hunting back in Middle Ga. Like Wiljo said most of the creeks in South Ga are very slow moving and just basically sand.

Leave a comment:

• SurfaceHunter
    commented on 's reply
    You have gators to don’t you? I knew a guy who hunted down there and he sent me a photo of a big gator. After I asked why he never looked in the creek. He has passed on but he sure knew how to find the big artifacts.

• Tam
    replied
    Yep N Georgia has the rock bars . I am on the same lattitude as Johnny and it’s just sand and cottonmouths in SWGeorgia .
    we have the lithics down here though .

Leave a comment:

• willjo
    commented on 's reply
    I live in Emanuel county between Twin City and Swainsboro but I hunt Burke county with land owners permission.

• SurfaceHunter
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks buddy

• SurfaceHunter
    replied
    I do pretty good but you have to read the laws of the state on the DNR site for collecting so you don’t get in trouble. I have permission on about 8 creeks from property owners. Most of the creeks are privately owned. Gators aren’t here they say but there is a big one in one of the creeks no cottonmouths just copperheads and timber rattlers but I don’t see many. Good luck

Leave a comment:

• Bking600
    replied

Leave a comment:

• willjo
    replied
    There is a person up in North Ga on here that finds stuff in creeks where they have a lot of rock bars in creek but down in my area of Ga. all there is sand and cotton mouth's

Leave a comment:

• Bking600
    started a topic Georgia creek hunting

Georgia creek hunting

Has anyone here in GA had any luck looking for arrowheads in creeks? I know it’s probably not like it is in Missouri or Mississippi but I’m gonna give it a try.
Working...
X