Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulldog82
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you. It’s been pretty exciting for me.

• Hoss
    replied
    Congraulations those are some nice finds

Leave a comment:

• Bulldog82
    replied
    UPDATE...

So this past weekend my family and I went to our property in the hill country. After doing some work around the property I was able to go do some investigating. I do believe what I use to think to be a water runoff is in fact an old creek or spring. I was also able to find two broke tips. One I think could’ve been a knife ( the brown one ) and the other a spear tip or something similar ( the white one ) I’m hoping some of y’all can share what ya think they may be. I also have been looking for info on midden’s and examples of fire popped rock. I think may have found one but not sure, it was close to where I found the white tipped point but it’s just a random dirt mound so I’m curious if that is something. I have attached some pictures of the new points. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• tomf
    replied
    That's a very encouraging set of brokes. Keep looking and you'll find a whole one. Easy to agree with others that warn you of addiction, especially if you are the kind to want to read and understand what you've discovered.
    Happy hunting.

Leave a comment:

• eannis6
    replied
    Welcome! Sweet finds, the white rock is either a knife blade or scraper. And your arrowheads are pretty awesome too! Thanks for sharing!!

Leave a comment:

• Bulldog82
    replied
    Last broken arrowhead.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bulldog82; 04-18-2019, 10:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bulldog82
    replied
    Front and back pictures of broken arrowheads.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Bulldog82
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	619B1CBF-1D4F-4E0B-9398-F82088501918.jpeg
Views:	273
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	362330 Pictures of the white rock found by the house.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Bulldog82
    replied
    If I get sometime tonight I may take better pictures of each piece and post them. It takes a little bit longer since I have to resize the pictures and I can’t just upload them from my phone.

Leave a comment:

• Bulldog82
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you for the link. I have also ordered a book called Stone Artifacts of Texas Indians from Amazon that should be arriving today.

• Bulldog82
    commented on 's reply
    At the bottom of the hill is where I found these. Slightly higher than the spot of what I believe held water at one time.

• Olden
    replied
    You can put a date on some of your finds Bulldog. I believe you're hooked - nothing to do now but feed your addiction..

Projectile Points of Texas

Leave a comment:

• CTex
    commented on 's reply
    Most of my finds are on the sides and towards the bottom of the hill, I rarely find worked pieces on top.

• robshap
    replied
    Welcome and it might be worth your while to try a little digging around.

Leave a comment:

• Bulldog82
    commented on 's reply
    Well hopefully I can figure out something. The property my family owns is 25 acres basically on top of a hill. Kinda half flat with gradual slopes on the front and sides of the property but sloping aggressive upward towards the back of the property. For six years I’ve been looking for arrowheads and I can’t tell you how many times I’ve walked through the area I had found these at. We had a small shower from this past front and I just so happen to see them.
Working...
X