Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Josie
    commented on 's reply
    I agree with you Greg. I hunt portions of 100 acres and there are points in every field. I know this area was designated as an old NA camp but sure seems more like a village. I find artifacts in my garden also. 😁 I think there were more NAs during the Arcahic Period than what my history classes taught me.

• gregszybala
    replied
    I think we are pretty clueless as to how much of this country was utilized by and lived on over thousands of years. Cool map.

Leave a comment:

• flintguy
    commented on 's reply
    Zeemaps.com

• flintguy
    replied
    Also earthworks, not just cone mounds. Several within a short bike ride of my house. Most are in peoples back yards or what are now parking lots of local businesses. But close to streams that I might have to check out.

Leave a comment:

• flintguy
    started a topic Area research

Area research

So I just stumbled across a zeemap someone made of Native American sites in Ohio. The first pic is the state, the second is zoomed in to a location on the Scioto river. Umm, I knew I was lucky to be in a state with some activity, but this is a little overwhelming. Every icon is a documented site. It has mounds, burials, cache locations and known camp sites. Only issue with it is when you zoom in the icon keeps getting smaller so hard to pinpoint an exact site.
Working...
X