Clear All

• is anyone from kentucky

Im from Sonora Kentucky.need advice on finding arrowheads

Welcome to the forum. Lots of helpful people here
    Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

thanks im glad to be here.

Comment

Welcome from Michigan. What advise are ya lookin for?

Comment

i live on a river like to know how to find arrowheads in it and where to look

Comment

Look for eroded areas ( fields , construction sites, etc. ) above the flood plain along creeks, rivers, near springs, water is the key. I'd have to say that if there was one place I could hunt artifacts it would be central Ky., Hart, Hardin, Grayson co. It's loaded with great materials and types including Sonora flint, which is probably my favorite material.
            There are alot of artifact hunters in your area and if I was just starting out I'd try and network with them and farmers who have fields along rivers. I know a couple guys in the Elizabethtown area and they both hunt nearby fields and do quite well. One of them finds paleo often in his garden. Good luck you're in a great spot for artifacts.

Comment

Thank you im 10 miles south of elizabethtown in sonora river bottoms are right behind my house i can hunt anywhere on the river how would you hunt sandbars

Comment

Welcome Joe, Looks like Ryan got you started in the right direction.Looking forward to seeing your new finds.
                Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Working...
                X