Arrowhead search location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrowhead search location

Where are the best locations to search for arrowheads? Northwest Ohio.
    Last edited by TROY; 11-05-2019, 08:46 PM.

Hi Troy It is doubtful anyone will give a location for you but there are many pointers in the forum about who to ask locally and how to find good spots. Many of the locations are kept secret among a few friends. My family collected because my Dad showed us and some of my cousins the ropes. A few of the places are well known as they are along well traveled roadways. But others are secrets that family will take with us to the grave. Farm fields were there is water near by. is a good place to start. Ask permission don't just walk in. Ask first. I used to drive around in the winter after the leaves had fallen when I lived in CT. You would be surprised at how many farm fields are back behind tree lines.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Spend some time in this section of the forum. A lot of good information and insight as to finding artifacts. Northwest Ohio is a great area to search.
      Click on the link below
      Not having any luck? Want to know how to find a promising site? Ask away. Share your own tips and advice on where and when to look, and what to look for.
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Good luck.
        South Dakota

Comment

Countless super artifacts have been found in Ohio ... Work on it, find where the farmers gather and just ask... And then, good luck funting !
          Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Troy, the places are mostly the same from state to state.....Like Hoss said - water, good hunting. Ohio is loaded.
            Professor Shellman
            Tampa Bay

Comment

I grew up hunting in Northeast Indiana, so probably pretty similar terrain. As most have said, the combination of Permission, Water and plowed fields are the way to go.

From my point of view: Farms or housing developments where they are moving dirt were great. Conditions changed after each rain, so you could hunt them whenever conditions were right and access was allowed.

Another thing to check on is reservoir access. We used to hunt reservoirs when the water was down, the shore line often provided some decent erosion, and less frequently hunted sites normally covered by water would be exposed (some were buried in silt some years, some were washed clean down to clay.) That is a huge no-no in some areas.
              Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

Working...
              X