Reno, Nevada vacinity hunting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reno, Nevada vacinity hunting.

Does anyone know of any place to go hunting in the Reno area? Pay digs, surface hunting ranches etc. I'm from the Norcal area and don't have any connections in Nevada at all so I'd like to make sure I don't waste a trip.

There is no place anywhere, that is a recommended place really. I am not sure of Nevada laws, but rivers and creeks are always a good place to start.
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Good luck
      South Dakota

Comment

There are lots and lots of campsites between Reno and Las Wages... Most points will be obsidian . Look for a high area. You will score! JJ
        Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Why do you say rivers and creeks? Aren't rivers federally owned and creeks are usually private.

Comment

• Jethro355
            Jethro355 commented
            Editing a comment
            He says rivers and creeks because NA’s had to have water to live, and waterways were their highways. High ground near water is always a good spot to look.

Property laws are different from state to state, but the land a river runs through is at times private, and what you can do to, with, and on that land varies widely. Also, what they call a river out west is different from a river here.
          Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

@ fisherman I would definitely read the laws of your state before walking anywhere. Each state has their own rules as to how collecting is done. But pretty much every state I believe you have to get permission. If you see a place you might want to walk what I usually do is ask a home owner that lives close to it if they know who might own it. Most people in this area are related or know each other. Good luck out there but 1st read the laws to be sure what you are allowed to do.
            NW Georgia,

Comment

What I do is get on Google Earth and find dry lake beds and walk the old shore rings . Can't help with permission but there's a lot of public land in the Great Basin stay off of private and reservation land and you will most likely be ok .

Comment

Working...
              X