Granite outcroppings or areas between trees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Granite outcroppings or areas between trees

Got a question for y'all. Im in Texas, out near Llano today. New site to dig tomorrow,. Scoped it out today and seen lots of digging activity. Lots of sign around granite outcroppings but also on flat areas between trees. If you had one chance for a few hours, what would you do.
    FGH Check out my artifact store at Lone Star Artifact Reclaim

Fall in someones hole that way is way easier than starting your own. Use A pitch fork or pick axe and you can break of huge shelf’s of dirt instead of hand digging same area and save time while moving way more dirt that what I’d do. Also screening the dirt so you don’t miss anything. Have fun and don’t be scared to go deep. Find some sapphire for me

Comment

Well did you find anything? Hope you had a chance to eat at Coopers BBQ , if you didn’t I’m sorry for you. Amazing choices, try the goat meat.

Comment

Wanted to thank you for your last minute advise. Did a bit of both today. Areas that would normally be kick butt were not playing off today. Beautiful terrace over creek with large oaks didn't pay off. Too much alluvial to move and flint trace too scattered. Higher elevation by 4 feet had granite and hard pan varied from 12 to 24 inches dropping to terraces and more dense flint chips.. It was easier to work the elevated areas working as a team. One dig and one sift. Several brokes and good father son time was the prize today.
        Gonna hit the Fredricksburg show tomorrow on the way back to Houston.

Comment

Just saw your reply.
          just pigged out on Coopers Pork ribs.
          thanks again.

Comment

Glad y’all found something. Llano area is beautiful lots of artifacts in that country. ( amazing wild flowers)Closest I’ve hunted to that area is Just north of Fredericksburg I’ve done some surface hunting . My dad killed it the other day on that ranch and found a massive blade and some other killer broken stuff walking near an old spring. I could rip a couple pounds of brisket up from coopers right now.

Comment

Working...
            X