Creek hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creek hunting

Hey guys I am wanting to do some creek hunting for Arrowheads I live in eastern ky is feeder creeks better to look in then the main big creek that the feeder dumps in.Any tips or advice would be great thanks.

Hello, and welcome to the forum! What part of Eastern Kentucky? I live near Ohio and West Virginia.

Feeder creeks are okay, as I have found an arrowhead in a feeder creek once. Search em' all, but I think a main creek would be a better choice.
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Where the creeks come together may be the best places
      South Dakota

Comment

Thanks guys I guess I will just all of them this summer when there down .

Comment

Look for gravel building up if the creek has no rocks like gravel and cobblestones then don't bother. Avoid sand and mud. Wear good boots not the walley brand when walking on big rocks. Get yourself a flipping stick of some kind it will save your back from hurting. Good luck and be safe.
          NW Georgia,

Comment

I've had my better luck in feeder creeks but that might just be because they are not so wide and the bars aren't so big with so much to look at at one time. Can cover them faster too. But Like Kentucky Point said, hunt them all.
            keep on keepin after

Comment

I've found them in all creeks big and small. Smaller creeks don't have as many as the swift current creeks do
              NW Georgia,

Comment

Working...
              X