Maps of rivers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maps of rivers.

Okay title says it all I would like too find a map of the Frio river. Present ones are no problem but anyone know of any sites I could possibly go too for older maps of this river? I would like too get an idea of how much difference there is between it's present and past path.

Posted by [Vince]:

http://marketplaceadvisor.channeladv...28&i=168231786
    These folks are selling maps from 1929 survey. Add says it shows parts of the Frio. They may know where to get other maps. Good Luck

Comment

That's awesome Thank you I'd like too do a few layover maps too show how the river has changed and where prime spots too start a dig would be. Would limit the people I would have too go up too and say " Hey sir may I have permission too dig in your dirt."

Comment

Amber wrote:

That's awesome Thank you I'd like too do a few layover maps too show how the river has changed and where prime spots too start a dig would be. Would limit the people I would have too go up too and say " Hey sir may I have permission too dig in your dirt."
          Hi Amber
        I would expect your local County Courthouse would be a good place to have a look at old maps. I was reading a story a while ago about a couple who located the ghost town of Frio by this route. It seems to be non-accessible to the general public but they got permission (from someone) because they were on honeymoon.
        There’s some good information about the “Dry Frio” here:

including a geo-map here:

and some interesting information about how a particular section of the upper valley changed though time here (click through 3 pages):

Alonso De León named it the “Rio Sarco” in 1689, so I guess that’s what you should be looking for if you can find any old Spanish maps. You could also try borrowing “Spanish expeditions into Texas, 1689-1768 By William C. Foster” from your local library. I haven’t read it, but it may have some maps or other helpful information.
        Keep outta them prohibited areas, now. And no tall tales about ya bein’ on honeymoon or nuthin’. :laugh:
        Painshill
        I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Working...
        X