Minnesota?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota?

My cousin, who now resides in Minnesota, recently returned to the family homestead for a visit. Upon hearing our arrowhead hunting stories and seeing some of the points, he was curious what would be around his home.

Location - Minnesota within 1 mile of the St. Croix River
    Tactics?
    What could he expect to find...types, materials, etc.?

Our crew has only collected from Pennsylvania.

Thank you in advance for any help or pointers.

Flint
    northwestern Pennsylvania

If you have a point guide you can look up the state and it will tell you. If you don't go to projectile points. Net and you can do the state and it will show you the types found.
    NW Georgia,

Comment

Thanks! I absolutely will research for him.

I guess I was just seeing if anyone has actually hunted Minnesota. Mud on the boots would be the richest experience and insight.

Flint
      northwestern Pennsylvania

Comment

NA were pretty much everywhere at one point or another. If there is a major river nearby (I think St. Croix is named after the original inhabitants) there will be artifacts.
        Central Ohio

Comment

• flintguy
          flintguy commented
          Editing a comment
          Surface hunters idea is a good one. Should help determine what types to expect to find there.

I use pp.net all the time but also have plenty of ID books to.
        NW Georgia,

Comment

being, currently living in minnesota,it's a great place to look. i'm at least 3 hours away from the st. croix river, never ever looked around that area,but i do know there is a point named,st. croix, never found one (to far from the source) other common points to find in minnesota are, madison, raddatz,table rock, and more. best thing about hunting minnesota is nobody looks. i only know a handfull who do, and they look for a hour a hour and go home. find some plowed fields, near the river, get on the higher ground, pack a lunch, and have at her. they are there. google minnesota arrowhead i.d. ..... up-north........
          Southeastern Minnesota’s driftless area

Comment

• UpNorth
            UpNorth commented
            Editing a comment
            forgot to add, always get permission first, if you don't find any thing there go to the next field, spend alot of time there, if you find flakes you're on the spot. always go back after heavy rain! good luck and hitter hard!.........up-north

• Flint Eastwood
            Flint Eastwood commented
            Editing a comment
            Up North,

Much thanks. I will extend these words of wisdom and, more excitedly, put them to practice when I visit him.

Flint
        Working...
        X