Native lodges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Native lodges

Hello all. I have been looking at one of my sites on Google Earth. I have identified a likely camp/village site and on that area I see one spot , perfectly round, where the vegetation is noticeably different in color. Yards away are several smaller spots. Could this be something? Searching the creek both directions I see other patches of this hue, but they are scattered, smaller, and not as perfect in shape.

Definitely worth a look. I did the Google Earth search on a cornfield that I have been hunting. I was looking for different soil colors and the search was very useful to me.
    Uncle Trav- Southwest Michigan

Comment

I thought I had spotted a mound once on google earth. I hiked out there only to find it was a spring that caused all the vegetation around it in a nice circle to show up on google earth as greener. I hope it is more than that but I figured I would share my experience with you.
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• CaseyP
        CaseyP commented
        Editing a comment
        I appreciate the info. It may well be.

I've used it before to locate old water sites. Once I used it and I thought I spotted a waterfall. Paddled all the way there just to find nothing. So you never know might be a glitch
      NW Georgia,

Comment

• Wildman of the navidad
        Wildman of the navidad commented
        Editing a comment
        Google earth will lie at times ive been on a many of goose chaces I always look at my house and see what it looks like so I can get the timeframe of how recent the map is
    Working...
    X