Best places to look in South Georgia/North Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best places to look in South Georgia/North Florida

I’m really new to arrowhead hunting and looking for any tips or advice for finding some in the South Georgia/North Florida area. Thanks so much

Welcome 1542, ..How far into Florida and East or west ?..meanwhile you should probably brush up on Florida laws concerning the gathering of artifacts, that’s a good place to start...Get after em son there waitin to be found.
    Floridaboy.

Comment

• willjo
      willjo commented
      Editing a comment
      Good advice on Florida laws

• Hal Gorges
      Hal Gorges commented
      Editing a comment
      P.s. there’s some eagle eyed hunters on here That can help with Georgia.

• Dp1542z
      Dp1542z commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m located around Valdosta, so about Middle South Georgia, I frequently go kayaking and to rivers all over South Georgia and really wanna start taking up this as a hobby. So mainly Georgia, thanks for your help

All I can say about South Georgia is that any field is worth checking out regardless if any water system is nearby or not (but especially if there is a water source). I have no shame taking a look in a random field (getting permission of course) if I have what I call "the feeling ". I've been extremely lucky a good bit of times doing that. My wife calls it arrowhead psychic magnetism, she also says that I could find a arrowhead in a igloo. Anyways, just check out any area you feel like, one other odd thing, maybe others might agree that sometimes 1 field will be loaded and literally the field across the street (or right next door) won't have anything. It takes a lot of time and walking but you'll find a area, maybe more.
    Last edited by antmike915; 05-17-2020, 10:54 PM.
    🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

That's true Mike I have permission to a 200 acre track one side is loaded and just over the hill nothing not even a chip. Now if they would just turn the loaded side instead of planting on the dead grass I'd be a happy camper 😃
      NW Georgia,

Comment

• antmike915
        antmike915 commented
        Editing a comment
        I figured the government had something to do with it (which doesn't surprise me), either that or it was cheaper to go that route.
        Last edited by antmike915; 05-17-2020, 11:09 PM.

• SurfaceHunter
        SurfaceHunter commented
        Editing a comment
        Both reasons

• antmike915
        antmike915 commented
        Editing a comment
        It's been around 25+ years since I've been able to really look in that area, being literally next to the Chattahoochee river and Hanahatchee creek. MEAD paper company also used to own alot of the land and when they would take down the trees and plow, we would hunt for days. Now with no till and no MEAD = no artifacts.
        Last edited by antmike915; 05-18-2020, 12:05 AM.

i live in reidsville i have found a ton of places in Laurens county. i work in healthcare anytime i i come across older patients i ask them if they know of spots really i ask them all townsend has a good spot

Comment

You have to have permission but if your on a waterway with gravel bars start there but state parks are out .
        If you can get on any ag field with permission and find flakes your on the game .
        For me it’s food plots on leases where camps were .
        If you go hunting for game always look because they hunted the same places we do now .SGeorgia was loaded with Swiftcreek NA look for stamped pottery .
        My favorite is high ground with water I have never not found something even if it’s a tool .
        Fl has so many rules/laws

2 cents

Comment

Working...
        X