How to Hunt ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Hunt ?

Hello, I’m brand new here and was curious if there were some good tips/techniques for hunting Indian artifacts.
    Im in the Houston, Texas area so I’m sure I’ll have to travel some to get to decent hunting spots.

Welcome Tom ...don’t count the downtown out, remember,early people lived in the choice spots also, but yeah, I know you want to find a site not just an isolated find...You’ll get some tips today.
    Floridaboy.

Comment

• Hal Gorges
      Hal Gorges commented
      Editing a comment
      Geez Tom ya sure aged quick from when I first saw your photo a couple of minutes ago.lol.welcome again.

• Texas Tom
      Texas Tom commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL, I couldn’t make up my mind what photo to use. LOL. I do scrollsaw woodwork so I decided to go with one of my Indian Chief cuttings.

Welcome to the site Tom. Do some reading in this section of the forum. A lot of great information in here. It will take some time but save you a lot of time.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Knowing the material used in your area and the color of it could help a lot.
      NW Georgia,

Comment

Thank you all very much and I will read the article gregszybala recommended. I used to live 3 1/2 to 4 hours north in the heart of East Texas which was a really great spot for artifacts. I might just have to take my son and a drive back. Lots on concrete down here in the city.

Comment

Look to where the concrete meets the dirt and erosion happens...
          North Carolina

Comment

Port Arthur beach ....
            Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
              Lindenmeier-Man commented
              Editing a comment
              Also eastern sea wall , Galveston. Look right up next to the sea wall. Edwards Plateau flint. Gray-Brown in color....

Welcome to the forum Tom
            TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Thank all of you for the help. I can’t wait to get out soon and use some of these tips.

Comment

Working...
              X