Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to look for in north west ga (Tallapoosa)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to look for in north west ga (Tallapoosa)

I live in Tallapoosa Ga and there is an old Indian bury ground back behind our property. I'm just curious as to how you can really tell what is an arrowhead or not and what exactly all to look for...

Welcome!
    A good place to start is by reading many of the posts and responses in this same section you posted in. A lot to read but there are loads of ideas and information shared by members here that will give you all kinds of insight into where and how to look for artifacts.
    Go through some of the other sections of the forum for ideas of what to look for. Quite a few folks from your area of country here to who I'm sure will give you some help.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Welcome to the gang Georgia boy..If it’s a mound there should be artifacts nearby... Think yourself back thousands of years, And with lots of footwork you’ll find something....projectile points of Georgia is another source, but the folks here from Georgia can tell you what pics. Can’t , good hunting.
      Floridaboy.

Comment

Is it near any water like a creek? I will have to Google to see how far you are from me. I'm always up for a new place if you're willing to let me come look and help you discover. I usually split the finds but that's up to you.
        NW Georgia,

Comment

Just looked you are an hour west of me. Any planted fields on your property? I will send you a message
          NW Georgia,

Comment

Working...
          X