Western Wisconsin point hunting question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Western Wisconsin point hunting question

This summer, my better half and I will be back in her hometown of Prairie du Chien visiting her mother for about a week and then we'll be heading north to Lacrosse to visit her brother. Obviously there's stuff in the area with the Effigy Mounds just across the river (awesome place we visit every time I've gone up with her) from Prairie. I also read there were some paleo finds near Lacrosse as well. I've been told that they found points in Prairie while growing up but she can't remember where they were found (getting older sure is fun). Here in North Texas, when I want to go point hunting, I head out the North Sulphur River and walk for hours picking up 65 million old Mosasaur pieces along w/ points when I'm fortunate enough.

My question is anyone that is up in the Western part of Wisconsin or Eastern parts of Iowa/Minnesota. FYI...I'm not looking for "hot spots" and definitely not interested in breaking any laws. With all that being said, is the hunting up there more along the lines of hunting farm land or are there well known creeks/streams/rivers that hold some goodies? I'll be spending most of my time on the Mississippi River fishing for whatever I can catch while in Prairie and then Northern's and some trout while up in Lacrosse but I'd love to get out and try my luck on some point hunting too.

Any tips and/or suggestions anyone has will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    David

Well David,if you’re near a fish camp. Go in, buy something, sorta get around to asking if anyone around there ever finds them Indian arrowheads, along the river, you sure would like to find one, oh, be sure to buy something, and watch what happens, maybe even tell em you’re wife grew up there, you know, shoot the breeze, folks that run fish camps are friendly... hey don’t laugh, that’s the quickest way to find out anything, specially if ya gonna be in town a short time... get the idea, oh, and be sure to post em when you get back...P.S. I’m serious as all get out, watta ya got ta lose.
    Floridaboy.

Comment

Hal...thank's for the suggestion. I'll give it a shot....won't hurt. Definitely gonna get out and drive around to see if I can find some creeks/streams that have some gravel in 'em.

Comment

Working...
      X