Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do I look for arrowheads near Las Vegas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do I look for arrowheads near Las Vegas?

So I’ve lived in Las Vegas for 15 years & I have still yet to find a place that is good to find arrowheads. Any help would be appreciated. Does anyone know of any places near Vegas that are good for arrowhead hunting?

Lots of places are great, but the problem is Nevada is mostly public land and that's an issue for collecting locally.

Try to get permission on a private ranch somewhere.
    Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

I use to go on free trips to Laughlin, can lose money just as fast as Las Wages. I’ve been told of sites near a ghost town just west of Laughlin. Of course the Colorado River is there. There have got to be camp sites there too. So much area though, so much sand. Good luck.
      Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Welcome from Florida, seems like I read awhile back about folks out your way, looking around the edges of lakes and when they found signs of a site they used a sifter, I don’t know if that’s feasible or legal anymore..
        Floridaboy.

Comment

Have family out there. It's been many, many years but found points and pot sherds within site of the downtown strip. Artifacts are out there.
          Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
            Lindenmeier-Man commented
            Editing a comment
            Your right Greg, it’s under pavement but there were natural flowing springs under Las Wages..
        Working...
        X