The back saver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The back saver

Even though this is a walking stick that you can get at any Walmart I call it "The back saver" because I'm the type that has to check everything I come across and before I got one my back would hurt worse than my legs from picking up so many things (plus dry cracked hands). Anyways I'm sure alot of us that have been looking for awhile already has one or something like it. I'm mostly posting this because I've seen alot of new people on here that just embarked on this great hobby, you can thank me later ๐Ÿ˜‰. This one here has been my lucky Indian flipper stick for close to 10 years now., it hangs in my garage and everytime I go somewhere (even just outside) it's there for me to see. Even though I haven't been out looking in this heat I look at it and I tell it "it will be cooler eventually ".
    Attached Files
    ๐Ÿœ ๐ŸŽค SW Georgia

Yupp, nice one Mike, I ordered one on amazon, they called it a climbing stick or something like that, two in a pack, very reasonable, anyway, I use it a couple of times a week when I walk up the shell mound at the park, and itโ€™s starting to point to bits of pottery, so I know sheโ€™s gonna be a good one, maybe even a lucky one?..
    Floridaboy.

Comment

Sounds like a keeper Hal, I need to order me another one for back up. I don't even know if Walmart sells them anymore. I paid either $9.99 or $14.99 at the time. If they still sell them it'll probably be about $25-$30 now and not as well made. I'll check Amazon one of these days.
      ๐Ÿœ ๐ŸŽค SW Georgia

Comment

Yep. Like the saying goes โ€œitโ€™s not the model year itโ€™s the mileageโ€. My body is wrecked from construction work and I pay for it everyday after work. I found a two pack of collapsible trekking poles on Amazon for $36 bucks and havenโ€™t been disappointed. Saves the back and knees. I only use one for hunting but the other is always in reserve for backup. Has a comfortable handle and the end cap comes off and has a carbide tip. Also come with wide snow baskets that work good in sand. Tripping around from furrow to furrow in a freshly plowed field is was beats me up the most and a pole definitely helps with flipping and walking. Iโ€™m not a company spokesman. Just a guy flippin flint.
        Uncle Trav- Southwest Michigan

Comment

I learned another dance, the three step...Spot it, pick it, frame it...Lol.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	1ED12FE2-B93B-4BA4-B59C-39CEA0DC3BB7.jpeg
Views:	475
Size:	170.6 KB
ID:	464869 Click image for larger version

Name:	2CA83FA0-3F80-4FD4-8F8B-AB708977CD30.jpeg
Views:	484
Size:	129.5 KB
ID:	464870 Click image for larger version

Name:	7757FCE2-58AA-4FC0-B7FD-126F1B717365.jpeg
Views:	613
Size:	166.9 KB
ID:	464871
          Floridaboy.

Comment

• redrocks
            redrocks commented
            Editing a comment
            Thats pretty high-tech Hal......does it have a button for spraying olive oil though?

• Hal Gorges
            Hal Gorges commented
            Editing a comment
            Wouldโ€™ve liked to have that model, just too darn expensive,,,

Well..... look at you Florida boy, now I know why you have such a massive collection..... damn arrowheads laying on the concrete in your garage......lol.....keep um coming๐Ÿ‘
          Southeastern Minnesotaโ€™s driftless area

Comment

• Hal Gorges
            Hal Gorges commented
            Editing a comment
            Thatโ€™s hilarious !..keep um Cummin...

• UpNorth
            UpNorth commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep, I knew it.... yet another mint, gem 10 plus

Wow mike i think i got the same one you got....walmart 20 years ago....the tip wore off. And got electrical tape at the joint....i might be able to get one like Hals if Trump gives us another stimulus check!! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200626_094200_4~2.jpg
Views:	485
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	464883 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200626_094732_4.jpg
Views:	506
Size:	285.2 KB
ID:	464884 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200626_094736_8~2.jpg
Views:	488
Size:	233.6 KB
ID:	464885
          SW Connecticut

Comment

• Hal Gorges
            Hal Gorges commented
            Editing a comment
            Thatโ€™s pitiful !!!...Itโ€™s amazing how comfortable we get with our tools, I have wrenches, hammers etc 50 years old, all taped up..

• redrocks
            redrocks commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes it is pitiful......thanks Hal!!.....

• antmike915
            antmike915 commented
            Editing a comment
            Wish I had pictures of my old shovel.

Boy you guys are high tech on your sticks. Last hunt I forgot mine I found a discarded beaver chewed stick snapped the end and I used it. I just use sturdy sticks but I do need to add some more sealer to mine. Sand and seal and its done.
          NW Georgia,

Comment

• redrocks
            redrocks commented
            Editing a comment
            Wood is good but i need the comfy grip.... I think i got carpel tunnel syndrome in my wrists from turning screwdrivers and squeezing linemans pliers and twisting wires together fir 45 years.

• SurfaceHunter
            SurfaceHunter commented
            Editing a comment
            That's possible I got mine fixed it can go all the way to your neck.

Hi friends, I also use a telescoping trekking pole as a flip-stick. Very helpful during the hike in and hike out as well, and climbing up and down creek banks. Using poles really saves strain on the knees, highly recommend them if you're walking much distance. REI has some high quality, lightweight poles if you have one in your area.
          Central North Carolina

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
            SurfaceHunter commented
            Editing a comment
            I might have to look into them and see if they have any long ones for me

Thanks for the info Hiker, eventually I'll invest in a new one once this one falls apart.
          ๐Ÿœ ๐ŸŽค SW Georgia

Comment

Working...
          X