No announcement yet.

Field walking after the harvest.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've gotten some of that rain I tried to go today but just to muddy all around. Hope you can get out and find something good.
    NW Georgia,

Comment

Well I didn’t find anything yet at the new field. It’s 7 acres. Just had enough time do a quick recon on part of the edge of the field and a couple of cuts down the length before a good thunderstorm sent me packing. I’ll do rain but the lightning is no joke. The ground is a heavy clay so I gained about three inches in height in a short time and an extra ten pounds. The owner was awesome and said I was welcome to hunt anytime. Beautiful spot and a great afternoon.
      Uncle Trav- Southwest Michigan

Comment

I'm jealous of you guys picking up arrowheads and other artifacts just from the ground of a harvested field lol. In my home region, we just get unexploded WW1 shells

Comment

• Cecilia
          Cecilia commented
          Editing a comment
          Gosh. Leave the mines alone, and go to the Louvre (again) instead. Some of us might be lil’ jealous of you!

Well my hunting grounds were planted with beans this spring and with no new permission sites I’ve been on a loooooong dry spell. Good news though! 3/4 of the beans have been whacked. Just waiting for the rest to get done and see if the farmer is going to bale the fodder. A good rain is expected Monday with cool weather next week so hopefully I can get out there and poke around for a bit. I’ll wait for the farmer to get his work done first. I need an artifact fix real bad.
        Uncle Trav- Southwest Michigan

Comment

My farmer is cutting cattle corn just as fast as possible cause they are saying rain Tuesday. I’m hoping he makes it cause I’m limited for the rest of the year on my hunting spots.
          NW Georgia,

Comment

Working...
          X