Finding Native American Camp Sites and Arrowheads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding Native American Camp Sites and Arrowheads

Hello everyone, I have always found it fun to watch youtube videos and hear people talk about how they found native American camp sites and places that have arrowheads. Could you guys give me any tips or tricks on where to look? Also would this be a good place to look? The place that I am thinking about going to has feeder creeks and a river with farmland nearby. Thank you guys I appreciate it.
    Attached Files

Anyone?

Comment

Not familiar with hunting artifacts in Oklahoma but suggest you walk gravel and sandbars in the creeks and rivers. If you walk the fields make sure they are close to water and walk the high spots in them.
      Near the PA/Ohio state line

Comment

• Shane1234
        Shane1234 commented
        Editing a comment
        Paohrocks does the fields in this area look close enough to the water?

• paohrocks
        paohrocks commented
        Editing a comment
        Can't say with any certainty Shane, as Hal mentioned creeks, streams, and rivers all change course over time. I live in western Pennsylvania and hunt fields that border rivers and do okay on the high spots, occasionally we find stuff in creeks and streams. You'll just have to get out and look, gotta do a lot of leg work.

Attached Files

Comment

I hesitate to comment cuss I’m old school eyes on the ground around, nitty gritty, sniff out them points kinda Hunter,...I’ve always tried to asked myself, where were those creeks and rivers back then, would I live here or there, etc.. I saw a National Geographic from Mexico, this fella used a tree and ground penetrating something or other, and you could see the whole city and temples, but I reckon those things are expensive... Out with the old in with the new...P.S.the main toolin your arsenal will be determination, good luck Shane..
        Floridaboy.

Comment

Make sure you have permission to hunt. Nothing would buzz kill a hunt faster than that I would guess. A close river or perineal lake would help but the landscape can change over literally thousands of years. Never hurts to do a once over but the high ground is the sweet spot in my area.
          Uncle Trav- Southwest Michigan

Comment

Look where the creek makes a sharp turn. If gravel usually birds of a feather. Small gravel small points , etc.
            Lubbock County Tx

Comment

I mainly creek hunt and I have seen some good finds come out of creeks in your area. Just be sure your boot soles are a soft rubber that grip the rocks. If you wear hard soles they will slip and there is nothing worse than being by yourself and falling on rocks.
              NW Georgia,

Comment

Working...
              X