Jumping arrowheads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jumping arrowheads

Do any arrowheads jump , cus if one don’t jump up out of somewhere an stick me between the eyes I’m afraid I’ll never find one ..... even thou I’m new to this I feel I been hunting hard

I kno this is a serous site I don’t mean to be clowning around ... just guess I got my hopes up to high to soon

Comment

• flintguy
      flintguy commented
      Editing a comment
      I have friends who started looking before I got into it and quit because they never found one. Others seem to find them with ease and I get jealous. I do think it depends on what activity happened in your area. Luck of the draw and time spent looking. I found a few by accident when I started, then went on a long drought. Keep at it until you find one or decide the hobby isn't for you.

• antmike915
      antmike915 commented
      Editing a comment
      We clown around here occasionally

Patients.patients. Patients. And a lot of footwork✌️
    Southeastern Minnesota’s driftless area

Comment

Patients is a tuff thing for me ..... I’m determined thou ...I’ll find one yet hopefully sooner than later....

Comment

Actually, the more frustrated, the sweeter the reward, or something like that,, oh shoot, forget that... looks like someone that loves you is teaching you to have patience... Know what I mean ?
        Floridaboy.

Comment

• Hal Gorges
          Hal Gorges commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh yeah, I forgot, one Time I was throwing dirt into a screen and an arrowhead bounced up at me , almost got my leg, that was a close call... I’m also a fisherman.lol.

My wife has a masters degree in anthropology and has been on digs in the past. Since I got the artifact bug she has been out with me for hours and hours. She has found one point while I have found a bunch but she still will look for hours, They will come and once you find the first one you’ll be on a new path for a very long time. The only way you won’t find anything is by not looking for it.
        Uncle Trav- Southwest Michigan

Comment

I never find any either
          NW Georgia,

Comment

• Hal Gorges
            Hal Gorges commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m loosing em instead of finding em....

• antmike915
            antmike915 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hal, I'll help you find the ones you've lost 😉

Time and patience is definitely the key, all you can do is find places too look and then look. One thing I have learned is too never set a goal. My theory is if I find one is great if I find more is even better.
          🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

To me looking for arrowheads is kinda like fishing a big new lake I’ve never been to before. I have no idea what’s in there. I may float around all day and not catch a thing but at least I had a good day outdoors. Keep at it!
            Uncle Trav- Southwest Michigan

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
              SurfaceHunter commented
              Editing a comment
              I like that Trav heck just the quiet is priceless

Don't feel bad, I've been at this for years and have only ever found a few things. There's this one creek at the bottom of my hill, and everyone and there uncle has built a collection off of it, and they're still finding stuff even today, nice ones I might add! I've only ever found flakes and a scraper there, and I've been looking for at least three years there now.
            "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

I only been looking on my own property but I nice creek runs right through it .... lots of rock bars I have found 4 nutting stones and one what appears to be a pottery rim with markings .... I’ll find that elusive point yet !!!!!

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
                SurfaceHunter commented
                Editing a comment
                The points are probably so tiny you are walking past them.

The word is patience, lol. The doctors will take care of the patients....
              Rhode Island

Comment

• UpNorth
                UpNorth commented
                Editing a comment
                I knew someone was gonna catch that...lol...damn auto correct.... lol.....✌️

As an old timer once put it to me, in speaking of a corn field that once could yield dozens of points per day: in the old days, we collected points. Now, we hunt for them.
              Rhode Island

Comment

Well, I’ve got one in my pickup, and one in my recliner . They are not lost, just can’t find em! Anyway, find sand !
                Lubbock County Tx

Comment

start thinking survival. Resources water, food shelter. Hunt were you think these things were available thousands of years ago. It wont happen over night but sooner or later things will fall into place and the planets and stars will all line up and BOOM ! Wait, dont really know where I was going with that ???

Good luck in the hunt. Go out and create an adventure. Be safe and ask around locally. Ask librarians ask history teachers and science teachers at the local high school . they may direct you to a local collector ask at the local historical society. the resources are out there . Join your states archaeological society.
                  TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Uncle Trav
                    Uncle Trav commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Solid advice indeed. You’ll find out all kinds of information by talking to the old timers in your town as well.
                    👍
                Working...
                X