A greenhorn question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A greenhorn question

This is a greenhorn question. It would seem that artifact hunting is a seasonal endeavor, depending upon one’s location. In our neck of the woods with summer coming on it won’t be too long before the fields are covered with crops and the rivers and steams engulfed in jungle. Do some of you hunt year round in the heavily wooded sections of the nation? Have any creative ideas? Thanks

Well Mule, in my case summer time pretty much curtails my hunting. I usually will try a sandbar or two if I can find one not covered with weeds but that is iffy.
    Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Anyplace the ground is disturbed, Construction sites can be productive. It is good to have yourself a dig site too for the times of year that you cannot get into the fields. SPring and Fall for field hunts and hit them hard when they get flipped and then cut out. I used to have two good shots at a field a year. They would rough plow and then a week or so later go back and harrow .  Look for farmers that do crop rotation. I knew a guy that would plant Broccoli early and then plant ornamental corn (Indian Corn) later on. It gave me two opportunities a year at that field
      Good luck
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Working...
      X