How to tell fake drilled objects.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to tell fake drilled objects.

Hi all, I discovered a trick years ago, it came to off the top of my Flat head. A few years ago I appraised a very nice collection. The owner brought out a beautiful Winged Baner, To me it just looked too good! I was doubtful of its authenticity. So I asked the owner to get me a magnet. I ran a pen through the hole and scraped out some debris. I then laid the magnet down on the debris and, viola. That debris stuck to the magnet. You all know that Natives didn't have metal drills. That was what stuck to the magnet, those shavings told me it was Bogus. What was worse is I proved that the owner bought a fake, He had paid a big bunch of cash. So Buyer beware. If you have something drilled and questionable do a check. I hope the debris doesn't stick to the magnet. Hope this helps! Kim P.S. I've used this method several times, it will always work, unless the maker did something to get rid of the metal shavings in the drill hole. Kim
    Last edited by tomclark; 10-01-2020, 05:21 AM.
    Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Except certain specimens of Hematite banners ( if they made em )Lol...very clever Kim...Purists ainโ€™t gonna like it.
    Floridaboy.

Comment

So what do I care if I pi** off some fakers! They take from us and keep on faking. Thanks Hal. Kim

Comment

Thanks Kim...excellent info!
        SW Connecticut

Comment

Originally posted by Mattern View Post
          So what do I care if I pi** off some fakers! They take from us and keep on faking. Thanks Hal. Kim
          I despise thieves, in any shape or form.
          ๐Ÿœ ๐ŸŽค SW Georgia

Comment

• HBird
            HBird commented
            Editing a comment
            The only thief I like is one with two broken hands! Street justice is the only way to break someone of that habit

That's a good one Bird I like it. Kim

Comment

Working...
          X