!!!help please!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!help please!!!

I just moved to Oregon from Iowa and have been out on a few hunts with no luck. I am curious as to know if the hunting techniques or finding/ knowing how to finds sites is different? Can anyone who has hunted here and other geological features can maybe message me and help me out a bit please? Thanks in advance and thank you for taking the time to read my thread.

Welcome to the site. Read through many of the posts in this section you posted in, a lot of helpful techniques and ideas. Also be patient, eventually folks from your area will see your posts and leave helpful comments.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

A warm welcome from Florida, obviously I can’t help, but you’ll be finding points in no time.
      Floridaboy.

Comment

I would say similar techniques. Lithics will be different, campsite terrain will be different, but they still needed shelter and water. You should be able to find artifacts.
        South Dakota

Comment

Check the laws, think your new state much like Florida, New Mexico. Luck !
          Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Thank you everyone for the input! I am happy to be a part of such an amazing group of people who love the same things as me for the most part! Anyone here in Oregon please feel free to message or comment on this past with any info please! Thank you in advance.

Comment

Oregon prohibits the excavation, destruction, or alteration of any archaeological site or the collecting of archaeological objects, other than “an arrowhead” (one) located on State public land or private land unless a State permit and written permission from the landowner are obtained.
              Child of the tides

Comment

• Jethro355
                Jethro355 commented
                Editing a comment
                So, reading that....you can pick up a single arrowhead if found???

The old Jimmy Carter rule...??

• CMD
                CMD commented
                Editing a comment
                I thought the Jimmy Carter rule was later interpreted to state that one could pick up an arrowhead on public land, but one cannot leave with it.

Havenhunter yeah laws was the first thing I checked up on here in Oregon man.

Comment

We have to have owners permission as well in Georgia. It's something most don't think about. I have been stopped twice by the DNR and asked to provide information. It makes you nervous when they stop you but after that you are okay. They have my information in their system now.
                NW Georgia,

Comment

As one hunts closer to historic sites like Yorktown, Williamsburg & Jamestown, things get a bit dicey.
                  Along the Colonial Parkway there is a wild ilium known as the Yorktown Onion that original came over in hold ballast of early sailing vessels. It rooted along the shore of the York River & propagated. It’s protected by the National Park & every year tourists are fined trying to dig it up for their gardens. If it propagates onto private property, you can do with it as you like however. Quite the dichotomy.
                  Child of the tides

Comment

Working...
                  X