Utubers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Utubers

Iam new to artifact hunting and I have been watching a lot guys hunting for artifacts on utube I’ve learned quite a bit about hunting and where to look for them and what to look for but I have found out that there are some people that seem to find points in perfect condition just lying in a creek bed lam not sure I believe some of them!

When they find a perfect point they most likely find ten or more broke. They are in a good spot not hunted much when they find more than one.
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

With known point yielding sites and conditions being just right, I probably spent 40 hours to get that perfect point ( no breaks, good outline, but not necessarily a high quality and two years for a G-9 roughly..(figured in averages)....There’s another weird unexplained factor I’ve known about for years, two guys hunting same fields one finds junkers the other perfect ones, time after time, it doesn’t matter what fields, or how they work em over the years...I hope you’re the fella who finds more quality points.Lol.P.S. ,It’s true.
      Floridaboy.

Comment

• B.Rubble
        B.Rubble commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you! I hope I do Iam in a very good area Muskingum and Licking counties in Ohio I’ve sent out 13 letters to property owners in both counties this week asking for permission to hunt on their property

I've been watching it also this week. Never know i might learn a new trick. I think you probably find more quality digging but I've never tried it
      NW Georgia,

Comment

I watched this video of a cache coming out one time and there was men and women in the video and they pulled out huge blade after blade white material. They weren’t being loud at all almost too quiet 🤫. Led me to believe that they were trespassing they acted like they pulled out 1000 before . The dirt was undug so it wasn’t planted they just probably shouldn’t have been there is my guess

Comment

• Benji
          Benji commented
          Editing a comment
          You oughtta check out the buck creek cache on you tube....its crazy

Hey b.rubble.....ive found some pretty decent points on creeks...it can be done.....those guys posting on YouTube.....some of them have hours upon hours of hunting before they can post a 10 or 15 min video posting their finds..it can appear that they find them all one day in a vid, but that vid could be a compilation of several weeks and or months...as others have stated....you can pull broke points all day long and get lucky to find a whole point.....however, i can be a little skeptic too and im sure some people may plant points to make a vid and get views
        Last edited by Benji; 01-11-2021, 06:53 PM. Reason: Added addtl info
        Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

• B.Rubble
          B.Rubble commented
          Editing a comment
          I found my first 3 points in a creek I just started hunting for them in November just saying Iam pretty sure some people do it to get subscribers

I lie the ditchwalker . But he admits to have dug an area for hours . Sometimes he is lucky ! He knows his stuff and is humble and fun to watch .

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
          SurfaceHunter commented
          Editing a comment
          He is pretty good i did notice he got out of the last ditch pretty fast when he saw the cottonmouth lol.

• Mailman
          Mailman commented
          Editing a comment
          He's my favorite. I started hunting creeks because of his videos.

Good discussion Tam. As we all know we find many many Artifacts to get just one or two good ones. If I had one good one for every hour I've hunted, I could start a museum better than most. It's just the way it is today, as I said before the hay day for surface hunting is over, unless you think outside the box. I don't dig anything, except as a professional or in an emergency to save Artifacts from the bulldozer. Kim
        Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

You should check out a guy who calls himself Rocks Cousteau

Comment

• Hal Gorges
            Hal Gorges commented
            Editing a comment
            I like Cousteau,

I’ve always enjoyed watching Seneca Relics. They’re honest hunters who nit only enjoy the hunt, they enjoy laughing with and at one another. Unfortunately one of them is battling leukemia and the hunting is on hold.
          Child of the tides

Comment

• flintguy
            flintguy commented
            Editing a comment
            I enjoy them as well. Hopefully he will get back out there soon. Haven't heard any updates.

• B.Rubble
            B.Rubble commented
            Editing a comment
            I love to watch those guys

The more you look the more you build up your brain's catalog..so when you see it, it will register. When you look you are scanning unless you are on all fours and that is often done and recommended hahaha. People looking for a classic perfect point may not see what is right in front of you. Your mind looks at colors, textures, lusters. BITS of artifacts. Materials. More often = More finds. Keep looking down. Be an expert for your local sites. Someone from the beaches will not see what you see in a gravel bar and you wouldn't see shell stuff on a site loaded with shell. Same with walking sites loaded with material and rocks. With that said I've said to myself more than once, "Today I find a plummet" and I did LOLOL!
          Professor Shellman
          Tampa Bay

Comment

• PaleoSnow
            PaleoSnow commented
            Editing a comment
            Exactly TomC. I have learned from my years of hunting that there are many variable factors each time i go. You have to learn what to look for and when. Sometimes the rockbars are completely silted over and you can only look for shapes, or sometimes in river rocks its color you look for, i look for edge work, serrations, anything knapped i flip, knowing they smallest glimmer out flint exposed, flipped up whole points, i always try and keep the sun to my face so not searching in shadows, look from different angles, and one of my biggest rules is to ALWAYS hunt on the way back! Ive unknowingly walked over so many artifacts on my initial search and found them as i was headed back wondering how id missed that! Its usually due to a bad angle that you miss them, or just happen to look in a different direction for a split second. I always try and cover my search area methodically too. Covering it all ill sometimes draw lines in dirt or sand to grid off where i left off or have been. And the most productive way ive found, and that has produced some of my best artifacts…..i try and go where nobody else wants to! That most “lazy” hunters just walk around, dont want to bend down, or get on their knees, or move a heavy log, dig under roots, crawl thru the limbs of a fallen tree, ect. Alot of places i go are easily accessible to anybody but ive come to learn that most casual hunters are lazy and just walking down the river bank casually hoping to find “dummies”. And i do find those as well and often in or right beside human tracks! U cant find them all!!! Human tracks don’t discourage me one bit, they tell me alot. Where they looked but more importantly where they didnt. And some just dont have an eye for them and walk past them as if were never there. But ive found that if you put in a little extra effort, go the extra mile, do a little grunt work, fight off the snakes or gators, think about what youre doing, and use the weather, sun, temperature, rain, ect to your advantage youll be far more productive as well as find the “good stuff” that you deserve! One of my best hunts was during hurricane Gustav during a torrential flood that exposed many artifacts. Not advising you hunt during hurricanes or storms, or anything but i was much younger and braver then, JUST much wiser now! Hopefully this helps someone. We all started somewhere and have learned so much through the years and we continue to learn with each outing and thats what i enjoy about this hobby. You cant find them all and youll never know it all. But you will continue to find more and you will always get wiser. Just be mindful of where you are, your surroundings, laws, hazards, and continue to have fun, safe, memorable outings with pictures and stories to share with the rest of us. Good luck

Mudstompers is a great channel, with two guys hunting the Ohio River in Kentucky and Indiana. They find what I call, the "everyday hunters finds". Crude, broken, honest pieces, but very once in a while they pull something neat out.
          "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• B.Rubble
            B.Rubble commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes I have watched their channel I like it also I watch commissioner Tom and Rocks Cousteau who hunt’s along the Ohio river he finds a lot of really nice artifacts and has a huge collection

My wife makes fun of this one guy I like watching him cause he does a lot of creek walking. I'm sure you will recognize this. Thank you Great Spirit
          NW Georgia,

Comment

• B.Rubble
            B.Rubble commented
            Editing a comment
            Arrowhead guy from central Indian?

I'm watching one right now. Called Take it Easy. Wish I could find a hunting partner like that
          NW Georgia,

Comment

• B.Rubble
            B.Rubble commented
            Editing a comment
            Hawking Lithics?

• SurfaceHunter
            SurfaceHunter commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep

• Mailman
            Mailman commented
            Editing a comment
            I like them

Their are a few that dont plant artifacts on their AquaChigger Gigmister Hoover boys you can usually spot a planted artifacts a mile away
          New Jersey

Comment

Working...
          X