• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cecilia
    commented on 's reply
    Me too

• Mailman
    replied
    It's hard to believe some of those guys that find G10s every week, like clockwork. Kinda gotta weed out what's too good to be true.

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    commented on 's reply
    I like them

• Mailman
    commented on 's reply
    He's my favorite. I started hunting creeks because of his videos.

• B.Rubble
    commented on 's reply
    I agree

• B.Rubble
    commented on 's reply
    I watch him also

• B.Rubble
    commented on 's reply
    Yes I have been watching his channel for two years now!

• newnan man
    replied
    My ratio is something like 90% brokes to whole points. Very, very few of the whole points are G7's or higher. When I see a video of almost every point being a screamer I have serious doubts.

Leave a comment:

• JoshinMO
    replied
    Actually I have watched many videos on there Myself also and have only seen a few that I had doubts about. Most seem good and I have learned a thing there also. Just another way of sharing finds.

Leave a comment:

• OHIORIVERMUDSLINGER
    replied
    I really enjoy rocks cousteau, he hunts the same type areas I do, I watched him and followed his advice 100% he spends a ton of time on the river.

Leave a comment:

• MoGarde
    replied
    Artifact Rescues videos are 6 months of finds in a less than 15 minute video. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSk...eoWornjvXw-Ruw

Clegg's Adventures is good and entertaining.

Leave a comment:

• PaleoSnow
    commented on 's reply
    Exactly TomC. I have learned from my years of hunting that there are many variable factors each time i go. You have to learn what to look for and when. Sometimes the rockbars are completely silted over and you can only look for shapes, or sometimes in river rocks its color you look for, i look for edge work, serrations, anything knapped i flip, knowing they smallest glimmer out flint exposed, flipped up whole points, i always try and keep the sun to my face so not searching in shadows, look from different angles, and one of my biggest rules is to ALWAYS hunt on the way back! Ive unknowingly walked over so many artifacts on my initial search and found them as i was headed back wondering how id missed that! Its usually due to a bad angle that you miss them, or just happen to look in a different direction for a split second. I always try and cover my search area methodically too. Covering it all ill sometimes draw lines in dirt or sand to grid off where i left off or have been. And the most productive way ive found, and that has produced some of my best artifacts…..i try and go where nobody else wants to! That most “lazy” hunters just walk around, dont want to bend down, or get on their knees, or move a heavy log, dig under roots, crawl thru the limbs of a fallen tree, ect. Alot of places i go are easily accessible to anybody but ive come to learn that most casual hunters are lazy and just walking down the river bank casually hoping to find “dummies”. And i do find those as well and often in or right beside human tracks! U cant find them all!!! Human tracks don’t discourage me one bit, they tell me alot. Where they looked but more importantly where they didnt. And some just dont have an eye for them and walk past them as if were never there. But ive found that if you put in a little extra effort, go the extra mile, do a little grunt work, fight off the snakes or gators, think about what youre doing, and use the weather, sun, temperature, rain, ect to your advantage youll be far more productive as well as find the “good stuff” that you deserve! One of my best hunts was during hurricane Gustav during a torrential flood that exposed many artifacts. Not advising you hunt during hurricanes or storms, or anything but i was much younger and braver then, JUST much wiser now! Hopefully this helps someone. We all started somewhere and have learned so much through the years and we continue to learn with each outing and thats what i enjoy about this hobby. You cant find them all and youll never know it all. But you will continue to find more and you will always get wiser. Just be mindful of where you are, your surroundings, laws, hazards, and continue to have fun, safe, memorable outings with pictures and stories to share with the rest of us. Good luck

• Bullheadtee
    replied
    Their are a few that dont plant artifacts on their AquaChigger Gigmister Hoover boys you can usually spot a planted artifacts a mile away

Leave a comment:

• SurfaceHunter
    commented on 's reply
    Yep

• B.Rubble
    commented on 's reply
    Hawking Lithics?
Working...
X