Hunting Pouch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunting Pouch

I commented on Surveyorjack's many finds about my hunting pouch. I carry some paper towels in the big compartment to wrap up super finds. As you can see this one is made by Winchester. With this one I can carry some pretty large items like Celts, net weights and large preforms.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2820[1].JPG Views:	18 Size:	243.2 KB ID:	525898Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2821[1].JPG Views:	11 Size:	151.8 KB ID:	525899Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2822[1].JPG Views:	11 Size:	218.5 KB ID:	525900 Here is one I found on ebay for around $15.00.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	s-l1600.jpg Views:	11 Size:	105.0 KB ID:	525901These pouches really protect your finds. If you're going to a very productive site I encourage you to get one. Kim
    Last edited by Mattern; 01-18-2021, 05:01 PM. Reason: Spell check
    Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

I usually put mine in my pockets of my hydration pack only screwed up once I had put points in the bottom pocket forgot and put a axe in pocket above them ended up with crushed points
    NWOhio

Comment

Originally posted by Mugwomp13 View Post
      I usually put mine in my pockets of my hydration pack only screwed up once I had put points in the bottom pocket forgot and put a axe in pocket above them ended up with crushed points
      something this will prevent that.

Comment

I usually wear cargo pants or shorts that have a ton of various size pockets and a backpack (most of my finds go in the backpack except for points and/or anything thin). Those pouches actually is a good idea, I might have to invest in one.
        🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

They are worth it mike. Mine is old and made from a parachute like material with tare stop threads. there isn't a hole or tare in it, and has lasted at least 25 years.

Comment

I prefer to go at it the hard/stupid way. I enjoy finding artifacts so much that I’ve been known to be dumb enough to put something in my shirt pocket and end up hunting down the same point. Who would have thought that something would fall out of a shirt pocket from just bending over a couple hundred times. Lol That’s a pretty good idea Kim but maybe it’s just me but I just can’t see myself wearing a Murse
            Warren County New Jersey

Comment

• Havenhunter
              Havenhunter commented
              Editing a comment
              🤣😂

I’m thinking like Harold. First, I find such few things that a pocket is all I need... my hunting is really quite pathetic. And the idea of wearing a fanny pack trying to lug an axe or Celt home would probably throw out my lower back! Great idea for you hunters who find something almost every time.
            Child of the tides

Comment

I wear one under my shirt cause it looks like a fanny pack and I don't want anyone seeing it lol
              NW Georgia,

Comment

So if push comes to shove, the toilet paper is used on the artifacts, hmmm, I see...
                Floridaboy.

Comment

• Narrow Way Knapper
                  Narrow Way Knapper commented
                  Editing a comment
                  🤣💩 Hal, you didn't, LOL!

• Hal Gorges
                  Hal Gorges commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I can’t believe I wrote that, ..Kim’s a good sport( I hope )...

I use the one I have has 5 pockets on it. If you find pottery you don't want to put it in your pockets they will snap. I have one for pottery one for scrapers and one for points. One for my day maker if I find one that is. I do put bulky ones in my back pocket. If I were to put a lot in my pockets it gives me plumber crack and nobody wants to see that
                NW Georgia,

Comment

Just some reply remarks. I've lost a point or two from my shirt pocket. That's one reason I use a pack. I've broken pottery in my pants pocket, I've had to use my paper towels for private unmentionable's, HAL, you *&$%*. And I do get stumped once and a while. I do put bigger things in my back pants pocket. Once I took some finds to a museum and the Archaeologist said "You put these in your pants pocket didn't you" I replied how did you know that? He said "because, I can see where the change in your pockets scratched off onto the points" And he was right every point had copper, and silver scratched onto them. I never made that mistake again. Kim

Comment

Thanks Kim, I need something like that. I used a sling pack in my last hunt but it was too boxy and bulky. Guess I’ll cave and use a Fanny pack like you have, lol. I like keeping my finds separate by site. Makes it easier to catalog later.
                    Midland Co, TX - "My neck hurts from looking down!"

Comment

Originally posted by TexAg View Post
                      Thanks Kim, I need something like that. I used a sling pack in my last hunt but it was too boxy and bulky. Guess I’ll cave and use a Fanny pack like you have, lol. I like keeping my finds separate by site. Makes it easier to catalog later.
                      My pack is the best thing I've found for protecting my finds. I don't have to hide it cause I rarely see anyone where I hunt. Kim

Comment

• TexAg
                        TexAg commented
                        Editing a comment
                        True, it’s not like going to the mall with a Fanny pack, lol!

• SurfaceHunter
                        SurfaceHunter commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I haven't met anyone yet either while I'm wearing mine but I feel it would be strange if I ever did

Dont knock a fanny pack till you try it..been using the for a while they got some big pockets small pockets..big pocket will hold 3 boxes of 10g drydock bb and still 4 other pockets for 💩 paper..

Comment

Working...
                      X