Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have found when surface hunting it pays to examine every little piece of possible relic a probe or just a stick to flip stuff out of the ground can prove invaluable and save a lot of wear and tear on the back.
    New Jersey

yup many of us have used a walking stick for years. A former member liked to use a bent spoon clamped to the end of his walking stick, Spanky we miss you and hope you are doing well.
    Found on a creek Joe and I walked last weekend, maybe ten minutes into hunt and then nothing for the next 3 or 4 hours. Then when we walk thru the field Joe
    Last edited by Hoss; 02-16-2021, 11:41 PM.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

I make my own but I need to fix mine up and put a new sealant on it. Getting worn out from use
      NW Georgia,

Comment

I prefer a metal probe get a little more response!!! I poke a lot of goose poop lol
        New Jersey

Comment

Old ski pole works good
          SW Connecticut

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss View Post
            yup many of us have used a walking stick for years. A former member liked to use a bent spoon clamped to the end of his walking stick, Spanky we miss you and hope you are doing well.
            https://forums.arrowheads.com/forum/...808-creek-find
            First used by his hunting buddy, Joe Roy. Miss them both, and all of Joe’s photos were removed from his posts years ago. Sadly, given all the awesome Paleo points he found on gravel bars......

Rhode Island

Comment

I use a golf club..cut the end off grind it down to a dull point...makes a distinct noise on flint and feel...

Comment

I use 1/4 inch spring steel 4' with a 3/4"×5" conduit drilled through in center one hole inserted till it touches top of conduit. And welded in placeTransfers. The slightest touch through the handle. old prober showed me how to make um
                Last edited by Bullheadtee; 02-17-2021, 09:58 PM.
                New Jersey

Comment

I used one similar to it always went back to the club..I guess you get used to something its hard to switch..

Comment

My buddies dad uses an old broken fishing rod
                    New Jersey

Comment

Originally posted by Bullheadtee View Post
                      My buddies dad uses an old broken fishing rod
                      Here is my special hunting rod. Made from a competition compound bow stabilizer. Elk handle Buck skin frays and a sharpened bolt for the tip. Used only on special sites. Kim

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2919.JPG
Views:	225
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	535115
                      Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

• redrocks
                        redrocks commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Nice job Kim

That's super bad a##...

Comment

Working...
                      X