Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting real jealous of y'all's big beautiful pieces, I want some of my own!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PaleoSnow
    commented on 's reply
    Here tbey come…. The other two. Purplish one id say Gary but unsure on the bulbous based one. And i did mention these were all AR site finds. But of course there was no TX-AR back then so same region.

Sorry i commented that to the original posting

• PaleoSnow
    commented on 's reply
    Here tbey come…. The other two. Purplish one id say Gary but unsure on the bulbous based one. And i did mention these were all AR site finds. But of course there was no TX-AR back then so same region.

• Garguy
    replied
    Looks like a big ol Gary knife. Sweet. I'll give my best educated guess on any east tx item you post.

Leave a comment:

• PaleoSnow
    commented on 's reply
    Thats wild! They had to use what they had available and easy access to though. But very interesting! I like anything repurposed. Among my favorite things to find

• PaleoSnow
    replied
    Yea ill accept Pogo any day! I have 3 large points GarG that all come from AR and different sites but im unsure as to what theyd be classified as. One i kind of lean towards Gary on but the other has a bulbous base and im unsure about it. The third of these is in my last post/reply, the second picture. What would you call that one? And ill send pics of other two if youd mind looking at them and seeing what you think. I can PM them to you or post on here if thats ok 🤷🏻‍♂️ Still learning

Leave a comment:

• Garguy
    replied
    Big ol pogo. I have a big one that was once a Clovis. A few thousand years later some fellow found it and decided it would make a really nice Pogo.
    Last edited by Garguy; 12-07-2021, 11:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• PaleoSnow
    replied
    Well i guess ill throw a couple in as well! Just a couple though……dont show all your cards at once they say! The last pic, as some of you may already know, i found last week and was first spear of the year.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Coy
    commented on 's reply
    I think part of my problem is the white quartz they used stands out so much my eye's have probably gotten a bit lazy!

• kayakaddict
    commented on 's reply
    No I don't dig, I let the tides erode and check back lol

• Cecilia
    commented on 's reply
    O, yeah! No shoulders, no ears, no waist, made outta rhyolite to boot! And what an Absolute Beauty !

• Cecilia
    commented on 's reply
    Amen!....flint envy....yep!

• CMD
    replied
    Probably my best “big” piece. 4+ inches. Bipointed leaf blade, Marblehead rhyolite.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	80507BBC-0238-43D2-BFC5-0AAA62E3E290.jpeg
Views:	248
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	552243

Name:	EA15C8C1-A387-4C3E-B687-468AD1681AA4.jpeg
Views:	236
Size:	132.9 KB
ID:	552244

Name:	3128673F-E6A0-41CA-B76A-8FC8317AFA30.jpeg
Views:	235
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	552245

Leave a comment:

• Josie
    replied
    If it's any consolation, I feel your pain. Just my opinion, but I think you have to get below the Fall Line, or the Slate Belt, in SC to find colorful chert finds. Know some people who hunt Allendale, Barnwell, Walterboro, over towards Edisto and barrier islands and they have killer finds. River hunting in SC also can produce nice finds. I've read a book that states after the Archiac period, the NA migrated to coastal areas in SC following the waterways. But keep your eyes open because I have found a few chert finds and you really have to train your eyes not to always look for white (quartz) on the ground. I think the one exception to the Upstate vs. Low Country is York County. I've seen some killers from York County. Be grateful for those small quartz finds but I understand because in have flint envy😄

Leave a comment:

• CMD
    commented on 's reply
    Well, actually, it’s more like two hands, lol....

• Mailman
    commented on 's reply
    "dumpy lumpy" lmao
Working...
X