Getting Permission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Permission

I'm thinking about asking some local landowners about permission to hunt their property for artifacts. If they say it's okay verbally is that enough or do I need it on paper? I know it would be different dealing with a friend vs a stranger and probably done different ways but what do you guys do usually?

Well hard to say DNR likes it on paper but most owners only ask for the phone # in my areas. I figure they already gave me permission I don’t want to press the issue they might feel like it’s a hassle. Now you can always draw up a agreement saying if you are injured you won’t sue them and have it in hand or pocket if they seem like they don’t want you walking. I’ve offered but so far nobody has said okay give me one. I also offer a trade if that doesn’t work it’s always something like a cake or steaks depending on how much I want to walk it. Then I give the same thing every year. Also make sure you never knock on the door at lunch or dinner time. I get the best results around 10am
    NW Georgia,

Comment

• Mr Bojangles
      Mr Bojangles commented
      Editing a comment
      Once you have permission do you feel a need to contact them every time you go out or are you free to walk whenever you want to without checking in?

• SurfaceHunter
      SurfaceHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      Once they get to know you they will let you know. With the pandemic changed some rules. But one property I can go any time I want until September 1st then I have to wait until next June. Another I text the owner he doesn’t care but I always let him know. Sometimes he has beaver traps set. All others I have to call.

• Mr Bojangles
      Mr Bojangles commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the info 👍

It’s come down to a science, hasn’t it.
    Floridaboy.

Comment

Working...
    X