Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Longtime reader, first time poster with questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hudson
    commented on 's reply
    That"s alright I can handle it lol

• Garguy
    replied
    I may post a few along. I have had crazy success since I was last able to post here. My euipment is much improved as well. We had a few 1000 point days along the way.

Leave a comment:

• SurfaceHunter
    replied
    Originally posted by Garguy View Post
    Aw Hudson.... it would just get jealousy all riled up...
    Nahh we are all starving for some of those fresh dug ones.!nothing like Texas when it comes to material and craftsmanship. I remember you used to find some killer pieces

Leave a comment:

• Garguy
    replied
    Aw Hudson.... it would just get jealousy all riled up...

Leave a comment:

• hudson
    commented on 's reply
    Garguy man I"m glad your back. Show us some of the stuff youve been finding.

• Cecilia
    commented on 's reply
    Us pretenders can see so very much!

• gregszybala
    commented on 's reply
    Glad your back

• Garguy
    replied
    Yes I was on here as garscale for a while login quit working and I gave up on this place.

Leave a comment:

• SurfaceHunter
    commented on 's reply
    Do you go by another handle like GarScale?

• Havenhunter
    replied
    You’re also in fossil country. Hard to calibrate your eyes to hunt both though. A friend of mine hunted in similar topography. He borrowed a point from a friend and wandered down to his dry stream bed. Laid the point among the rocks and practiced distinguishing between a worked piece placed among unwired rocks. Within a week or two he found his first point.

Leave a comment:

• Jethro355
    commented on 's reply
    That’s about as solid as advice gets.

• Garguy
    replied
    Being very familiar with your area, I can tell you it is one of the most productive artifact places in America. 7000 years ago it was a moist and grassy land with rich soil. Those dry stream beds were good water sources. My advice would be , go look at the land pretend you are building a permanent camp and planning to carry water from the stream. Where would you build it? Thats the place to start .

Leave a comment:

• Jethro355
    replied
    This area marked in blue is where I would concentrate my efforts, as well as anything in the stream bed at all…

looks like a natural, ancient waterway to me.

Leave a comment:

• NBTXAg
    replied
    Here are a few pics I was able pull off of Google Earth as well as the real estate listing. I’m heading out there this weekend and will grab some more pics then.

Leave a comment:

• SurfaceHunter
    replied
    Maybe share some pictures of your dry creek bed. If it’s a man made waterway it might not hold any artifacts. I’ve walked creeks that were man made or altered by modern man and didn’t even find a chip. Go a quarter of a mile away to a natural creek and find plenty.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X