Looking on Dirt Road?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking on Dirt Road?

Kind of an odd question but is it likely to find artifacts on old dirt roads? I've found flakes on this road. A creek runs right beside it.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mr Bojangles; 08-01-2021, 02:53 AM.

It's possible, wouldn't hurt to check it out periodically; and that creek as well.
    🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

My friend lives in rural Georgia. She always looks her dirt roads after a rain and has impressive collection!
      Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

Yes I’ve found many. Some farmers will use the creek gravel for their roads one said it’s better than concrete packs really good
        NW Georgia,

Comment

I found my first point in a dirt road, and others in the graded roads of north Florida..you sure ain’t gonna find em in the woods..unless you dig, and most property owners frown on that.....it’s wise to find the intersections where a creek and or springs come together. Good luck.
          Last edited by Hal Gorges; 08-01-2021, 07:21 AM.
          Floridaboy.

Comment

Yes, all the time. Most likely things I have found have been flakes, but occasionally a hammerstone or point will turn up. Good to metal detect these places too.

Comment

I’ve found several over the years in dirt roads.
              Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Absolutely. My grandson found his first point on a gravel bike trail near Richmond VA.
                Child of the tides

Comment

I hunt dirt roads found my first Crystal Gunther on one . And game trails also

Comment

Working...
                  X